PDA

View Full Version : DG alloy nerfs for TRX450R

aneuploidy
08-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Selling a used set of DG alloy nerfs with black webs
Compatible with Stock foot pegs
A link for info is as follows:
http://www.dgperf.com/ATV/ATVProductsDetail.asp?ATVProductID=827&model=%20TRX%20450R
They are a little scratched but otherwise like new --- no damage.
They retail for $150
Best price I've found on ebay is $140 + shipping
I'm asking $70 + shipping
please pm me if interested.

cracer250
08-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Need to see pics of the actual nerfs. New pic of them don't really help much. Thanks.

08-27-2005, 04:22 PM
do you take paypal?

aneuploidy
08-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I will try to get pics up if I can figure out how --- have never even used a digital camara (yeah, i know --- pretty pitiful).
I do have a paypal acoount but have never set it up to receive money (have only used it to send). I will check into both of these and get back as soon as possible.
thanks

08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
if you can send you can receive no problem:D hey do you know if these are compatible with the ims/roll "wide" pegs?

aneuploidy
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
It depends on which IMS pegs you have. I have the 400ex pegs, which sit about 1/2 inch back from where the front of the stock pegs sit. So, there is a 1/2 inch gap between the nerf bar mount and the peg. Could still be made to fit, but would require a little extra work. If you have the IMS 450R pegs, which sit at the same spot as the stock peg, then the nerf and the peg should abut against one another. But you would have to drill two holes into the nerf bar mount in order for the holes on the pegs to line up --- the stock peg only has one hole, which is set a little different than the outside IMS peg hole. So, I guess the answer is yes they should be compatible, but it will take a little work to get them to fit. The reason I am personally selling them is that my pegs (the 400ex version) would require me to put a spacer between the nerf and the peg in addition to drilling the holes. As far as the nerf bar mounts themselves, they are made from steel and very strong, so drilling them should not cause any problems. The rest of the nerfs are composed of aluminum. I do like the nerfs, but don't want to go throught the trouble of making them fit myself. Oh yeah, there is a third version of IMS pegs (their race pegs) that sit 3/4 inch back and down from stock --- these would not be compatible at all.
Let me know what ya think.
Thanks