PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Ignition..which one??

cjkranz
08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
As the title says, I am wanting to put an aftermarket ignition on the bike, not to raise the rev limit, but to change the timing. Dynotech is the only one I have really found that does this, but its a little on the high side. Any other companies make something similar to this??

2nd sucks
08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
check out the gt thunder..i have one on my 400ex and love the gains

tater_kamik
08-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by cjkranz
As the title says, I am wanting to put an aftermarket ignition on the bike, not to raise the rev limit, but to change the timing. Dynotech is the only one I have really found that does this, but its a little on the high side. Any other companies make something similar to this??

gotta tell you, they offer the only adjustable one i know of, alba offers an sort of ignition box that is supposed to increase your spark, but i dont know much about it and i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with timing, just a bit more spark

TORO1968
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Dyna has an adjustable CDI that lets you change timing, rev limit, etc., but their reliability isn't that great. Do a search to see what I mean.

The only other timing-adjustable CDI on the market for the Raptor 660 is the Vortex, available through Duncan Racing.

http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/VT-1200-VT-7400/

Unfortunately, the Vortex CDI is about $400, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

-Jordan