PDA

View Full Version : Burgard A-arms

RATHRACING450R
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
After only 8 races on a set of +3 burgard a-arms on my 450r the lower right a-arm is already bent. And yes, I know how to land correctly.

I had burgards on my previous race quad with no problems. This however, after only 8 races , has made the decision for me to NEVER use Burgard products again. It seems that this website is pretty loyal to burgard, So just lettin ya know how high quality they really are.

Before buying some cheapy a-arms like burgards, do a little thinking and ponder whether or not the few hundred extra is worth a quality product. I've learned my lesson the hard way, DON'T BUY BURGARD
:mad:

Pappy
08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
if you bent an arm, id have to ask if you have called burgard to see if he will ship you out a replacement:confused:

maybe your jumping alot bigger now then you did before..lol

RATHRACING450R
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Well I am an A class rider compared to being in sport class on my last set. I tried giving them a call and left a message. Do you know what they use for ball joints? Car tie rod ends? Or where I could get heim joints for those a-arms?

eastside 400
08-26-2005, 03:59 PM
stuff bends, dont trash companies cuz of it, ive bent 2 lsr axles, twisted a frame, broke my elka's, in like 6 races but i dont care, things take a beating out there

Pappy
08-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R
Well I am an A class rider compared to being in sport class on my last set. I tried giving them a call and left a message. Do you know what they use for ball joints? Car tie rod ends? Or where I could get heim joints for those a-arms?

he will be back in his shop saturday morning and im sure if you called and explained the situation he will do all he can to help or make the situation right. he has a new ball joint arm out, maybe that would help, but seeing you bent the arm id say you may need to switch to a premium arm from any of the manufactures.

what shocks are you running and what width are the arms?

CdaleXtreme
08-26-2005, 04:18 PM
All it would take is one solid hit the wrong way and anything, be it walsh Laeger Burgard it doesnt matter. Structurally they are going to be the same.

You are a victim of circumstance. His tubing walls are just as thick as anyone elses, and it doesnt sound like it broke on the welds either.

Wait to hear back from him before you drag his name through the dirt.

MAD450r
08-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I have not raced on mine but I have jumped alot and landed badly a few times without a problem. I did wonder about the skinny upper a-arm when I got mine.

They been great for me and i'd buy them again due to price.

RATHRACING450R
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
they're +3" with works Triple rates with clicker rezzies

Pappy
08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
87 footer at rausch on burgard standard arms with rebuilt stock shocks. no problems at all.

re reading his post, i wonder if its a ball joint or an arm. respond dude, you peeked my intrest.

Pappy
08-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R
. Do you know what they use for ball joints? Car tie rod ends? Or where I could get heim joints for those a-arms?

so it is not a bent arm, just a bent lower ball joint:confused:

CHAR250R
08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Anything mechanical can and will fail. Call Burgards and state your case. Be nice. Be calm, and most of all be polite. As soon as you get mouthy, you'll probably get nothing. If a company makes good parts, they will stand behind them. Wait a few days before you call, that way you're not all fired up. I hope it works out for you. Talking trash solves nothing. It just gives people an excuse to flame you.

kssandduner
08-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I had a ball joint literally blow apart shortly after I got my +2's. I hadn't even jumped it much before it happened. Luckily when it happened I was only jumping a small terrace, cause the landing was a little hairy! Anyways, i bought my arms through JH Racing, and I called Johnny the monday after it happened, and he was really shocked, he said he had never heard of that happening on such a new set of arms. So he sent me a new balljoint. Since than I've launched it off lots of big jumps, and not all the landings were nice, and I've never had any more problems. I'm happy with my Burgards! :macho

Joe

Pappy
08-27-2005, 11:55 AM
we have run so many sets of burgards that i would imagine if there was a problem, we would have seen it. here is a picture of the only issue we ever had, ofcourse clipping a tree at 60 mph will leave a trail of parts:eek2: we were actually glad the ball joints sheared off, if not it would have meant bent arms, and more then likely a tweaked frame.

ofcourse that would have given us ample reason to get on the internet and bash burgard for not making his arms strong enough...ROTFLMAO!

Pappy
08-27-2005, 11:56 AM
and the trail of parts.........

JDiablo
08-27-2005, 11:56 AM
maybe they have to watch out where they are going next time pappy,lol your suppose to steer away from the tree,not towards it :p

Pappy
08-27-2005, 11:58 AM
that track has taken its share of quads. i know of 1 rider that bent his frame TWICE because he ran off the track and nailed an oak!

maybe im not going fast enough and thats why i personally dont have issues..lol (in the woods maybe, but i aint riding so hard on the MX track to hit tree's..lol)

TWISTED
08-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll bet that tree jumped right out in front of somebody, didn't it??? I hate when that happens!!!

JH_Racing188
08-28-2005, 10:11 PM
my burgard is bent but i dont worry about i i just ride

Over-land 450r
08-29-2005, 12:11 AM
how much for a staight set and a new ball joint and shocks

bad01300ex
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
hey pappy, how are those arms/shocks workin on that YFZ, yall are really givin it a beatin that jump is huge! iv got a set of crome burgards standard +2 and plannin on gettin the derisi rebuilds, hows it workin?

Pappy
08-29-2005, 09:45 PM
they have been working great. he will be upgrading to the new ball joint and LT that we will be getting burgard to manufacture and more then likely produce for the public. the derisi rebuilds have been excellent, and i think he has wrung all the performance that can be had from the stock shock!

the new style ball joint arms retail at like $575 i believe.