PDA

View Full Version : Can't shut off with key or kill switch! Help!!

NavyDMO
06-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey guys I took my subframe off and put everything back the way it was except for re-routing the neutral indicator cable. I made sure all the cables were color matched. Now, I turn the key and the neutral light comes on and it fires up but i cannot shut it down with neither the key nor the kill switch!! What did I do wrong? Please help!!

Leo
06-07-2002, 05:15 AM
sounds like you got one of the two single wire plugs under the front fender backwards.. there are two green's single wires that are almost the same color that will cause the neutral light to be on all the time..

if you weren't under the front, you may have also got the tail-light plug mixed up..

I would triple check all your connections, as there are a few that are easy to get backwards (I've done it :D)

Leo

NavyDMO
06-07-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the tip Leo but I did what you said and still no good. I checked every single wire on the entire harness 3 times with a buddy and they are all good. I also opened up the switch box at the handle bar and its all good there. Anyone else have any Ideas?:confused:

Leo
06-08-2002, 06:53 AM
if it worked fine before you took the subframe apart,

but now it doesn't..

you've got a wire backwards :D

there are 2 connectors in the back that are virtually the same color (if memory serves)..

It drove me nuts for about 2 hours, before I finally realized it..

Leo

06-08-2002, 07:44 AM
:confused: