PDA

View Full Version : wrist problems

450rcasualrider
08-25-2005, 11:05 PM
my g/f has been having problems with her wrist giving out on her when we're out on the dunes, it's only her throttle hand, she rides with a thumb throttle, so would a twist throttle help, but her mom has a similar problem and she tried a twist throttle and it didn't help her much. Any tips on preventing wrist problems out on the ride would be great.
If you know of any good wrist braces that are easy to ride with and give good support, i'd love to know where i could get one, thanks
(and no bad sore wrist jokes Please :P)

Iliketogofast
08-26-2005, 06:41 AM
I think a twist should help. How long has she been riding? I know for about a year after I started riding a full size quad, when I was about 6 or 7, my wrist and thumb hurt all the time.

Cdaleracer
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I shattered my wrist back in Feb. and recently started racing again. I wear an ACE bandage made for the wrist and under that I wrap it with the small self sticking white wrap. I make sure it's wrapped around my thumb too. Better support for the wrist. Gloves fit right over it. The ACE wrist bandage is velcro so you can make it as tight or as loose as she wants. It was only $4 at K-Mart. I've seen it at Wal-Mart too.

EVS makes a good wrist brace too, but it's like $25.

Loser450
08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Word, those bandages that wrap around your wrist with velcro are the best thing I've found. I broke both wrists back when I raced, then I started wearing the braces and no problems since.

450rcasualrider
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
she's been riding pretty much her whole life, but it's only been the last couple trips out to the dunes that it's been bothering her, thanks for the advice.

300exOH
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
I have a wrist wrap made by moose. It helps alot and you can reverse it for either hand. It also helps a tired thumb somewhat. I think it was only $15-$20.

Iliketogofast
08-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Hm... Well, like those guys above said, you should invest in a nice brace, like the one from EVS. You might ask her if she will wear it, some women are finicky. :D

450rcasualrider
08-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Lol, thats true, she'll be finicky about me buying on for her thats all :P thanks for all the advice guys