PDA

View Full Version : question about paypal?

mills_racing
08-25-2005, 09:53 PM
how much does paypal charge if you are recieveing funds from selling a item.? if anyone could help it would b apprecitated..

450robot
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
depends on how much

like around $50, they will take like $.60 or a $1

$100, they take like $3

its never that much, you wont even notice

mills_racing
08-25-2005, 10:04 PM
k...thanx for the info...i wasnt sure about wat the percentage was...so its worth it to get your money quciker .

nowukno
08-26-2005, 01:15 AM
3%

tamehart
08-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Get a paypal debit card and they will give you 1.5% back on your transactions.

mills_racing
08-26-2005, 07:32 AM
how do i get a paypal debit card? hows that work?

muff
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by tamehart
Get a paypal debit card and they will give you 1.5% back on your transactions.

looks like I'll be signing up for that. I've been getting tired of getting banged the 3%. It may not seem like much, but $10-15 on selling only a couple hundred in parts is starting to take its toll :eek2:

bpimpdaddy21
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
I don't remember PayPal ever taking money from me when I sold something. I got the full amount deposited when I withdrew it on several occasions. Weird!

muff
08-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by bpimpdaddy21
I don't remember PayPal ever taking money from me when I sold something. I got the full amount deposited when I withdrew it on several occasions. Weird!

They don't take money from your withdrawal, they take the money from when someone sends you some. When you logon to your homepage on paypal you'll see the money sent from the buyer, and then the actual money you recieved (after the paypal fees).

08-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Paypal doesn't charge any fee unless you sign up for a business account, then it's around 3%. I use ebay and paypal all the time and just make sure you don't sign up for their business account and all paypal transactions are free. The one downside is you cannot receive credit card payments. But I always tell the buyer that up front.

bpimpdaddy21
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Paypal doesn't charge any fee unless you sign up for a business account, then it's around 3%. I use ebay and paypal all the time and just make sure you don't sign up for their business account and all paypal transactions are free. The one downside is you cannot receive credit card payments. But I always tell the buyer that up front.

Thats what I have, as I have always gotten the full amount when people have sent money to me. Nothing has been deducted.

08-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Yea, paypal is kind of tricky. If someone sends you a payment with a credit card, it forces you to upgrade to a business account in order to accept the payment, or you simply refuse the payment which is what I do. As soon as you accept the payment (with a credit card) you are then assessed the fee and you now have a business account.