View Full Version : Trouble with tie rods

01_300ex
06-06-2002, 09:32 PM
I am in the process of putting on some 400ex a-arms, and the problem is with my 300ex tie rod nuts. Their are four of them, two on the outside and two on the inside. I got the outside ones off pretty easy but the inside ones will not come off. Ive almost stripped the nuts trying to get them off. How do you all get them off without stripping them.

Crypted1
06-06-2002, 09:40 PM
they are left handed threads. try turning them the other way. since you put them on so tight by turning them the wrong way they will be very hard to get off. spin the nut like your tightening it and it should come off. you may want to use wd-40 if they are so tight you almost stripped the out.

01_300ex
06-06-2002, 09:46 PM
The first time i tryed it i seen that i was turning it the wrong way, so i turned it the right way and they still will not come loose. I will put some wd40 on it and try it again tomorrow.

SGA
06-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 01_300ex
The first time i tryed it i seen that i was turning it the wrong way, so i turned it the right way and they still will not come loose. I will put some wd40 on it and try it again tomorrow.
Just look at the threads, That will tell you which way the nut turns to loosen