PDA

View Full Version : Zl-1 Camaro!

hawiianpwr
08-25-2005, 06:28 PM
This is my DREAM CAR! BUT DONT THINK I HAVE ENOUGH IN THE PIGGY BANK!:(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch %2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D456886422 5%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26amp%253Bsspagename%3Dh%253Ah %253Aadvsearch%253AUS%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26p fid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp %3D50%26fvi%3D1&item=4568864225

Mxjunkie
08-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Link doesnt work, just to rub it in I drove a 89 irco camaro with a 350 small block in it (crate motor) at work today just did a overall paint job on it, lets just say I took a little longer then it usually takes to park a car :devil:

hawiianpwr
08-25-2005, 06:37 PM
NICE!

Now it works!:D

Mxjunkie
08-25-2005, 06:39 PM
they should sell that thing on barrett and jackson instead of ebay sheesh 850,000 dollars over the net :scary:

zeppelin
08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
man that car sweet, i might be getting a 69 mustang this week though

Tommy 17
08-25-2005, 06:42 PM
my dream car is an orange zl1...

850,000+!!!!:eek2:

badass250r
08-25-2005, 06:59 PM
my dream car is a 1996 corvette Z-51 350 with a twin turbo intercooled set up VERRRRRRRRRRRY RARE!!!!!!!!!!:macho

Matt37
08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
they should sell that thing on barrett and jackson instead of ebay sheesh 850,000 dollars over the net :scary:

Barrett Jackson is a pain.

I took my 63 Vette to Scottsdale last year. And first off, your cars go up on the block with no reserve so your taking a chance and believe me that guy would never get what he is asking. He is smoking something strong cuz his price is soaring.

Yes, it is a rare car. But his price is crazy

Juggalo
08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
shhh its a secret but the ZL-1 camaro is my all time favorite car...oh man i hope my mustang buddies don't see me sayin that. i'd trade my 70 GT500 for one in a second (then again i guess the camaro is already worth a lot more...mint condition 70 shelbies "only" go for about 100,000)

btw- in case your wondering whats so special about the ZL-1's is that its the ultra rare all aluminum 427 motor that chevy put in VERY few cars and one of the most powerful motors ever put into a factory car.

Butters
08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
shhh its a secret but the ZL-1 camaro is my all time favorite car...oh man i hope my mustang buddies don't see me sayin that. i'd trade my 70 GT500 for one in a second (then again i guess the camaro is already worth a lot more...mint condition 70 shelbies "only" go for about 100,000)

btw- in case your wondering whats so special about the ZL-1's is that its the ultra rare all aluminum 427 motor that chevy put in VERY few cars and one of the most powerful motors ever put into a factory car.

well i'm glad to know it has a good motor in it at least, cause it looks pretty ugly for that year of camaro.

Guy400
08-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Butters
well i'm glad to know it has a good motor in it at least, cause it looks pretty ugly for that year of camaro. That was the point. When that thing pulled up next to you there was virtually nothing aggressive looking about it. I love it.

Butters
08-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
That was the point. When that thing pulled up next to you there was virtually nothing aggressive looking about it. I love it.

non-agressive is one thing, but that thing doesn't look very cool at all. i have seen "sleeper" cars that look really nice, but non-agressive. i'm all about a stock looking car kicking ***. i hate how people have to make it look fast. if its fast its fast is how i look at it, no matter what it looks like.

MOFO
08-26-2005, 07:34 PM
non-agressive is one thing, but that thing doesn't look very cool at all. i have seen "sleeper" cars that look really nice, but non-agressive. i'm all about a stock looking car kicking ***. i hate how people have to make it look fast. if its fast its fast is how i look at it, no matter what it looks like.

Some people actually like the clean, classic look.

This car is 100x better looking than any Honda Civic with Pep Boy mod's.... but there must be people out there that actually like that. They are the ones that need their head examined IMO.

muddy400EX
08-26-2005, 07:52 PM

thats the whole point is to be dull and boring looking. they wanted it to pull up to people and them to think it was just a small block camaro but its actually makin 450-500HP. i think its awesome, and i would love to have one

cotttonwoody
08-26-2005, 09:40 PM
The Zl1 engine was factory rated at 430hp but actual output was 585hp with modified headers, the stock ones were really restrictive. 69 Zl1 camaros were built. A zl1 corvette would be sweet only 2 were sold to the public.

Tommy 17
08-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cotttonwoody
The Zl1 engine was factory rated at 430hp but actual output was 585hp with modified headers, the stock ones were really restrictive. 69 Zl1 camaros were built. A zl1 corvette would be sweet only 2 were sold to the public.

i know where a zl1 vette is... it was at keystone race way in pittsburgh about 3 years ago... a big car dealer there owned it...

it was white with one seat, no AC, No Radio etc... just a seat with a huge motor and very pissed off:o

cotttonwoody
08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
It has to be this one, only a white and red one were made.

Or is it was racing one

http://corvettes-musclecars.com/Corvette/69ZL1/

Butters
08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
thats the whole point is to be dull and boring looking. they wanted it to pull up to people and them to think it was just a small block camaro but its actually makin 450-500HP. i think its awesome, and i would love to have one

Originally posted by MOFO
Some people actually like the clean, classic look.

This car is 100x better looking than any Honda Civic with Pep Boy mod's.... but there must be people out there that actually like that. They are the ones that need their head examined IMO.

yeah i agree totally. i hate cars that are all about looks, i mean ricetastic looks. god that just makes me want to...ah anyways. i just don't think that car looks that cool. not that i wouldn't drive it. you hand that thing to me and i would make some civics cry, which is awesome. but i mean it is a camaro. when i first saw it i thought it looked like an old undercover cop car. something like from an 80's movie. of course that doesn't make much sense, since its a 69.

Guy400
08-27-2005, 05:13 AM
Could you imagine now-a-days being able to walk into your local Chevy dealership and say "I'd like to order a stripped down Camaro, the lightest it can come from the factory, with the 600hp all-aluminum 427 and a 12-bolt posi. Oh, and hold the cowl hood and spoiler." :D

Matt37
08-27-2005, 08:01 AM
The only reason Chevy made that available to the public was because to race in the class they wanted to race in the car must have been considered a "production" car meaning it must be available to the public.

So Chevy made very little of them just so they could race it. If it wasnt for that rule they would have never made it available to the public.

Its for that reason why it is so plain looking, Chevy did not want to spend money on little things to improve the look because they did not care if the public liked it or not.

When they first came out they had trouble selling all 60 somethings they made.

Probably due to the $7,300 dollar price tag.

Its just like the COPOS, the copo camaros are not exactly awesome looking cars. But on Barrett Jackson they are getting upwards to 200k, because of how rare they are and their racing history.

This guys price on ebay is alittle steep however. I was at a national GTO show last weekend with my judge and saw a 1971 GTO Judge convertible!!!!! Which is even more rare than this zl-1 and it was 500k.

Woodsrider
08-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Its a nice car for sure. But Im not so sure the guy really wants to sell it. I have a friend that has done frame up restoration on several high profile cars for the Lemay collection and others. We were talking about this car last night, and its really over priced.

Butters
08-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Its a nice car for sure. But Im not so sure the guy really wants to sell it. I have a friend that has done frame up restoration on several high profile cars for the Lemay collection and others. We were talking about this car last night, and its really over priced.

it may be overpriced, but look how many bids he had. he could have got 800k plus for it. i know i would have taken that. to me no car is worth that much money.

Matt37
08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
it may be overpriced, but look how many bids he had. he could have got 800k plus for it. i know i would have taken that. to me no car is worth that much money.

All those bids were bidders running up the price and had no intention of buying it.

I talked to this guy and he said he had no intention selling for that much, because he wont.

He put it on e-bay to get it out there and get it noticed. Alot of car phanatics browse through ebay.

Woodsrider is right, he is WAY out of the ball park on pricing!

Butters
08-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
All those bids were bidders running up the price and had no intention of buying it.

I talked to this guy and he said he had no intention selling for that much, because he wont.

He put it on e-bay to get it out there and get it noticed. Alot of car phanatics browse through ebay.

Woodsrider is right, he is WAY out of the ball park on pricing!

well that sounds sort of ego-related on his behalf. yeah i read about them running up the price, but i didn't know everyone did that. oh well.