PDA

View Full Version : Smoking honda

DAMAGEZWK
08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I have a 04 forman s... i have had it in the mud a few times and everything has done fine with it... one time i did have it turn over on me in some water... before cranking i drained out all the oil, installed a new filter and new oil...cleaned out the air box and muffler... after about 2 weeks of driving i was going down a steep incline and just all the sudden it started smoking really bad....and still smokes....hasnt smoke any since i bought it... it still runs really good and everything, but i have no clue what is wrong with it... i have the extended warranty on it but i dont want it to get voided... cause the honda place where i live are not nice people at all.. any help please?

bwamos
08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
what color is the smoke?
white = steam/water
blue = oil
black = fuel

They can't void your warranty for normal riding conditions. Unless you've made modifications to your engine.

DAMAGEZWK
08-25-2005, 03:38 PM
white

2004exrider
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
my guess is that it sucked in a bunch of water. what a coincidence, my dads foreman just did the same thing he went thru a river and it sucked a lot in. we had to change his oil 4 times til it wasnt a milky color any more. so check what color your oil is. i bet your motors still got a lot of moisture in it.;)

Jimmy

DAMAGEZWK
08-26-2005, 05:19 AM
i changed the oil twice since that has happened and its not milky anymore, after i did get water in it i didnt drive it, i drained the oil right then... after i changed the filters and everything i rode it for 2 weeks and nothing was wrong with it...

bwamos
08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Don't know much at all about foremans, sorry.
But, I see that there are both water cooled and air cooled versions of the Foreman.

If you have a watercooled version, you could have a waterjacket leak at the headgasket. If you take the cap off of the radiator does the coolant want to run out with the engine running? If so that's the problem. If not, I'm not sure where your getting the water from.

If you're air cooled, you just still must have some moisture in the engine or in your fuel... but if you hade some in the fuel it would run like crap.

DAMAGEZWK
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
the honda place where i live are very unfriendly people and im almost positive if they find one spec of water or mud in the motor then they will tell me they cant fix it under warranty or something, because of abuse... thats what they did to one of my friends.. i dont know what to do cause i spent alot of money to get that extended warranty and i only have 200 miles on it...