PDA

View Full Version : GP race at WASHOUGAL, WA Sept 18th

AndreS
08-25-2005, 11:23 AM
yes, you read the title correctly!!!
folks, this is one of the VERY few times that quads are allowed to race at this famous park, and the 1st time in more than 18 months quads are racing the XC section! This is also the first time the hosting club is inviting ATVs to thier event, so lets show up in numbers that will make them want us back!!!

WHO: you and all your quad riding buds
WHAT: the Dick Jagow Memorial GP (flyer) (http://www.mtscottmc.com/dickjagow.html)
WHERE: the famous Washougal National MX park, Washougal, WA
WHEN: Sunday, September 18, 2005...... race start time TBA
WHY: 'cause racing quads & having a blast with your quad riding buds is great fun!!!
HOW??? any way you can get there!

Hosting club: Mt Scott Motorcycle club

classes: all OMRA ATV GP classes.... pro, expert, amateur, beginner, women, utility, youth.

this is an OMRA(Oregon Motorcycle Riders Association) ATV GP series points event.

if you have questions, please ask!
tell all your friends that ride... this is a very rare opportunity to ride ATVs at this spectacular facility!!!!

maggiesboy
08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
just a lil luv bump!

Whats up DRE?

ThumPIN_450R
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
are the trails wide enough for a 52" wide quad? my xc rims are 3+2 off set and give me more width than normall

AndreS
08-30-2005, 01:49 AM
all i can do is guess that you'll probly be OK at 52".... you might want to call the host club.

i never rode the WORCS events when they went to washougal the first 2 years, but... at the second one(2 years ago,) i talked with one rider that had his quad at 52" and he did fine... however the course changes, trees & brush grow, and terrain gets reshaped all the time.

right now i'm at ~50" with my 4+1 wheels and 52" with my stockers...

MB! you sly dawg... you still chillin' at casa de la barn?
i'm doing great... been a bit busy doing family stuff all summer.

now it's time to go over the quad for the fall part of the OMRA series & WORCS event at Goldendale.

maggiesboy
08-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Yup, still at the "fastest growing motorsport dealership in Washington".

Since I saw you last we added Kawi and Suzuki. WE are now membersa of the "elite 21" there are only 21 dealers in the USA with the big 4. Plus we have polaris, Arctic Cat, and Eton.

AndreS
09-09-2005, 01:50 AM
gates open at 7:00 AM.
quads run at 9:00 AM.
i don't believe they are running the junior(mini) class
see you there!!

tractorpacker
09-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Can I run beginner? I have never raced that type of race. I don't want to sandbag, though. What do you think?

maggiesboy
09-12-2005, 09:15 AM
TP, I'm off that day! You thinkin of doin' it?

tractorpacker
09-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I am thinkin real seriously about it. If a local buddy was goin it would be that much easier. If I go the WW2300 is going, so I could take your quad, and for that matter you if you want.

AndreS
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
TP! MB! cool!
great to see you guys on here!
i think you guys can run amateur.
beginner is designed for 1st year racers. women, youth, & beginners run 3 laps, the others run 4... pro, expert, amateur, & utes.
i'm one of the slower amateur riders now... i placed 10th this weekend at goldendale and there were still 4-5 behind me... i had arm pump starting later in the 1st lap... haven't been riding as much(at all) lately
i will admit that there are a few running amateur that are fast enough to be in expert.... they'll probly move up next season. they'll know for sure at the WORCS races at Goldendale how they stack up. (transponder/computer timing!) one thing's for sure, local guys are going to put up a great showing!

don't forget a camelback, you'll be begging for it at about 1/2 way.

AndreS
09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
directions from I-5 southbound from seattle:
take exit #7 to I-205
take exit #27 to hwy 14 (to camas, washougal)
turn left at 15th st, go ~6.5 miles
turn left at hughes/bear prairie rd
turn right at borin road and follow the signs.

tractorpacker
09-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Are you in Willy?:devil:

AndreS
09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
well... turnout was great! 47 quad entries total, conditions were dry & dusty... the track was a hoot, very fast open fields in spots, the MX track and tight technical woods... sweet variety! the dust caused some visibility problems... but overall it was a great event!

i really hope the club has us back from now on!

my race ended early, 2.5 laps in i had a rear wheel come off... lug nuts came loose.

sandspanker
09-19-2005, 09:30 PM
:p It was awesome, 9 of us showed up.1st time ever on a hare scramble I ran the beginner class,I have not ridden for almost 10 months,did not condition for it at all.I had arm pump the first .25 mile lol.I paced my self as good as I could.I hurt very bad right now,My arms are pumping up as I type lol. I ended up 3rd My buddy got 2nd.I made 6 or 7 lapsI lost count after 3.I will deff.be there next year with more friends and family.Is there going to be the results posted on any web site?

AndreS
09-19-2005, 10:32 PM
it's good to hear you had a great time! i took 3 months off this summer until last weekend at goldendale.... it hurt... I always get arm pump too.
i don't know if, where or when the total results will be posted.
what are the chances of convincing you & your buds to hit more of the OMRA GP series?
next month is the WORCS nationals at Goldendale, and in November there's a 2 race weekend there too.

ThumPIN_450R
09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I did decent in the exp. class until I decided it would be cool to roll down a hill into a bunch of trees and take about 20 mins to get out and played catch up the rest of the race I got up to 11th but after rolling my quad back over and climbing out of the hill I was in I was a bit wore out and had no energy to ride with so I just kinda putted in the woods and let it rip on the mx track