PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Monticello Roll Call

WORCSYFZ199
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Who's gonna be there for the WORCS race round 5 in Monticello Utah the 9-11 of September? I'll be there I love that track.

atvtrailrider
08-25-2005, 05:47 PM
We will be there. What is the track like?

d kelley
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Looking foward to it . we are trying to be there friday about noon.

Duncanracer
08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
i think i'll be there if one of my quads is ready

WORCSYFZ199
08-26-2005, 01:40 AM
The track is awesome, it's got all kinds of jumps on the mx track ranging from doubles, tables, step-ups, step-downs, rythm section type whoops, it's got all kinds of fun jumps, then the offroad section gets a little rocky kinda at one part then it kinda weaves through some small trees and into some Really Wide open fields where you'll hit 5th gear through roller jumps and G-outs, it's a blast.

QuadJunkies
08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
We havea few locals headed over for this round. Wish I could be there and do some Coverage :(

WORCSYFZ199
08-27-2005, 01:22 AM
O cool what class is everyone racing in? for me it's Open A and Pro-am as usual.

QuadJunkies
09-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Is there going to be anyone going to do any race coverage ?? I sure wish I could make the trip :(

WORCSYFZ199
09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I know offroad.com does coverage but I'm not sure if anyone else will this time?

400grl
09-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I wish we could go - we'd take pics like crazy if we were going to be there!!! The gas thing has just totally screwed up this trip for us........Offroad.com usually does some good pics - and they always do a good report - so at least we will see something about the races!!! :)

QuadJunkies
09-03-2005, 12:21 AM
I knew offroad does, but I wanted to know if anyone from Atvriders was going to do OUR OWN RACE COVERAGE :D ;)

d kelley
09-04-2005, 12:45 PM
what do you run for jetting in monticello? I know it is 7000 ft. there and just want to get close. anybody race there last year? yfz-DRI exhaust-k&n-no lid. sure appreciate any help. looking foward to seeing everyone in utah.

CannondaleRider
09-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Me, krash, and a friend of ours will be there. Leaving EARLY Friday morning. Should be there about 11:00 or noon on Friday.

Doubles......Step-downs.....rhythm? Sounds like a crappy track for me...Wolverines arn't the best jumpers:eek2:

I'll try to put on a show though....maybe a slighly ugly one :ermm:

Here's the classes:
Me - Utility (MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL ENTER!!!!) (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179759)
Krash - Stock B
Jeremy Butler - Open A

QuadJunkies
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Me, krash, and a friend of ours will be there. Leaving EARLY Friday morning. Should be there about 11:00 or noon on Friday.

Doubles......Step-downs.....rhythm? Sounds like a crappy track for me...Wolverines arn't the best jumpers:eek2:

I'll try to put on a show though....maybe a slighly ugly one :ermm:

Here's the classes:
Me - Utility (MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL ENTER!!!!) (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179759)
Krash - Stock B
Jeremy Butler - Open A

Best of luck, I hope you get some competition!! :macho

Vtr_Racing
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Well, any updates.......????????

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Vtr_Racing
Well, any updates.......???????? I heard a few of the locals here that went done pretty good, but sounded like some of the lcasses had lowe turn outs, I wonder if it has to do with the fuel prices going up :confused:

Vtr_Racing
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
ORC has their coverage up.......Congrats to Fredericks and Herrera....

Pro
1 - Josh Frederick
2 - Doug Eichner
3 - Cyle Chislock

ProAm
1 - Zack Herrera
2 - Justin Waters
3 - Alex Archibald

400grl
09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
GAS PRICES is exactly why we couldn't go........:grr:

CannondaleRider
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
We had the WORST luck this weekend.

Get up there on Friday for the MX practice. We take off, i quickly figure out i'm running WAY to rich, I get half a lap in(came down Angels Leap) and a bolt in my thumb throttle comes loose.....no control of the throttle. GREAT!!, krash comes around and brings me some tools, I get it ridable and ride it back to the pits to fix it for sure(its NOT coming loose)

I go out again, and decide I really need to do something with my jetting. SO I scrounge up a washer from Jeremy, another teammate, and raise my needle so its running a little better. I go out again and think that its running well enough to not worry about it.

Next day, unclassified race goes fine, other then the moisture making my bike run even worse. I decide to adjust my fuel screw, thats a no go, it just strips. So I have to run it as is.:mad:

I take off for my race, bogging and spuddering...I just get out of the MX portion and my bike starts fighting me in turns and pulling really hard on jumps.......left rear flat!!:mad: I run two laps and decide to pull off because it wasn't worth finishing, i'd just waste a tire. Big fat DNF:mad:

Thats just MY bad luck.

Krash was doing really good in practice, the unclassified, and his race, until his 4th lap, he jumped the tabletop after Angels Leap, and lost a tie rod bolt, so he found some tie wire off a fence, wired it together and limped it in. Luckly, he didn't get a DNF somehow, he got 4th out of 5.

Jeremy was having good luck until the unclassified race, when he apparently hit a big square edge rock after first field, and bent his sprocket and sprocket hub(damn durablue), and the chain broke his case where the case saver mounts(doesn't leak, just rattles), He was able to take the sprocket off of krash's bike and race. He got 4th, and i'm pretty sure he's still 1st in points.

Other then bad luck in the racing, we forgot sweaters and the wind was freaking freazing up there, we didn't have but about 5 pictures on the last role of film, my sis didn't think we had any more tapes for the camcorder, so she didn't film anything but practice because by the time I found a NEW tape it was already to late. Just a bunch of bad luck and being unprepared.

Even through all of this it was still a blast!!!

We'll be back at Mesquite and hopefully we'll have a better weekend...maybe i'll be racing the ATK too!!

d kelley
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
We left for Monticello from Logandale Nv. about 5 a.m. friday. In Richfield Ut. we had to repair our fuel station box on the back of the trailer that was falling off. Then we found that our generator wouldnt start because of gas going bad in the carb. We finally arrived at 3 p.m. that afternoon after driving thru one of the hardest rainstorms I've ever seen. When we got to the track, we couldnt get our trailer parked in the pits, it was so slick with mud. About an hour later we got parked and started jetting. Thanks to Kevin from Josh Fredricks team we got it spot on and got ready for the night. A litttle after 1 a.m. we woke up to the NOW hardest rainstorm I have ever seen along with howling wind and fantastic lightning. Saturday morning brought completly blue skies and a very muddy track. I was sure there would be awnings everywhere, but everyone seemed to make it thru pretty OK. Went out to practice and got completly covered in mud in 2 laps. The track started drying out fast though and by Sunday morning it was hard and blue grooved in the MX section. Got through our races and went to watch the pros at 12:00. We then got to watch one of the best races ever between Doug Eichner and Josh Fredricks. This was worth all the effort and time getting to this race just to watch the battle between these two on the track. It started off with Logan Holliday taking the hole shot and pulling away until a flat tire slowed him, then the battle between Eichner and Fredricks WAS ON! For the first 5 laps you couldn't have put a spare tire between the two riders, it was so close. These two pulled away from everyone until Doug pitted for gas and at that moment Josh never looked back. Congratulations to Josh Fredricks for winning the PRO class and thanks to WORCS for another great weekend of racing.

QuadJunkies
09-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear of the bad luck :(

Idaho riders done well, good job guys! :macho
I sure wish I could have made the trip , I heard its a great track

WORCSYFZ199
09-12-2005, 11:52 PM
The track was awesome! my favorite section was the motocross, it let you fly a lot, that big step-up was the best! :D