PDA

View Full Version : stage two?

450rcasualrider
08-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I was just over at coos bay and my friend was riding my honda 450r and she killed it. It's always been a pain to start up after it's been killed or when it's cold (figure thats normal though) and some guy standing there said that his daughter had trouble starting her 450 and then they installed a stage 2 in it...i have no clue what that is, but he said it was way easy starting after that, just curious to what it is exactely and if it'd be worth while to look into.
Also i was told i should scrap the stock handle bars, i'm about 6' 2" what size bars should i think of getting, most of you seem to say Renthal are good bars.
FOR SALE i have a 1987 honda 250r 4-stroke dirt bike i jsut put together, used, some minor frame damage but it won't kill ya, runs great, someone who knows engines better might think of a few things to do to it, all the parts are in good shape, just missing the front brake capillar, anyone in northern cali or oregon along the coast thats interested give my an email- thanks danielpburgess@cox.net

2004exrider
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
maybe he meant stage 2 hotcam?:confused:

Jimmy

mattonln
08-25-2005, 06:13 PM
yeah, he most likely meant stage 2 hotcams and for bars, it would be best to invest in a big bar set up. TAG and Trail Tech both make a big bar kit that comes with chrome clamp and bars, I have the trailtech setup and i really like, it moves the bars up a couple inches and looks trick too.

bwamos
08-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Yea, probably a stage 2 hotcam.

God, I miss Coos Bay. Lived there for a couple years.
Now I'm stuck back in Missery again. ;)

z400roosteR
08-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Coos is fun ridin, but if you like the handle bars keep them i mean just cause some yahoo said to toss 'em doesn't mean you need to if your comfortable with them.

rooster300ex
08-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
Coos is fun ridin, but if you like the handle bars keep them i mean just cause some yahoo said to toss 'em doesn't mean you need to if your comfortable with them.

yea if ya like em keep em, but aftermarket ones look way cooler.