PDA

View Full Version : Ohh

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
sorry for the thread name but u would say it aloud after finding out what i just did..... okay so i put a new airfilter on the 300 right(i wus gonna do it, but genious dad does it while im at school)... so he takes the old filter out(foam and the little metal thing that the foam wraps around that i need for the new one) and threw both of them away... he put the new one on with out the metal thing thats sposed to be inside of it, but of course me trustin him, i didnt check and have continued riding.. so im cleaning the airbox today and take the airfilter off and i wus like man this thing is lighter than normal and look and the metal thing isnt there.... its been about a week since he changed it and ive rode it 3 times and all the times it wus really dusty.....am i screwed or will it not hurt it to bad?.. either way im hopefully goin friday to the local shop to get the part

400exmatt
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
will the 400 metal piece fit..

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM
^ i have no idea, i just hope to god, that not that much dirt has sucked up the intake and is now in the motor:(

exboy
08-24-2005, 08:08 PM
man ur just really havin some good luck with that thing huh:D

400exmatt
08-24-2005, 08:09 PM
i got the metal piece for the 400

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by exboy
man ur just really havin some good luck with that thing huh:D

heck no!!!!! i think it wus a doomed 4wheeler from the factory.... u rolled it god knows how many times.... i ''semi rolled it'':rolleyes: , and now this... its terrible

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 400exmatt
i got the metal piece for the 400

will it fit the filter for the 300?

400exmatt
08-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey dude i feel 4 ya my dad was goin to change my bearings right and he broke my carrier..

zeppelin
08-24-2005, 08:12 PM
the metal thing isnt actualy suposed to filter any thing, its only purpose it to keeep the foam from colapsing on it self, so the dusty conditions wont hurt you any more now than it used to

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
the metal thing isnt actualy suposed to filter any thing, its only purpose it to keeep the foam from colapsing on it self, so the dusty conditions wont hurt you any more now than it used to

ok thanks man... im not callin u a liar i just wanted to check and make sure ur confident on that.... yea NEVER let ur dad do anything to ur 4 wheeler trust me:o ... when u mean collapsing u mean keepin its round shape or just fallin off the intake part where it clamps on.... cus i know for sure its not a perfect round shape

MotoX3
08-24-2005, 08:15 PM
well...is there dirt in the boot?

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
well...is there dirt in the boot?

if u mean right where the filter clamps on to there wus a little but it wus right on the edge not way up in the intake

2004exrider
08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
by collapse he means flattening out, it gives it the round shape. it is fine, like he said the "cage" inside does none of the filtering. dont sweat it;)

Jimmy

redlineranger
08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
by collapse he means flattening out, it gives it the round shape. it is fine, like he said the "cage" inside does none of the filtering. dont sweat it;)

Jimmy

thanks.... besides, in a few months its gone be a aftermarket filter due to a new pipe so im gettin a k and n and a rejet... gettin the outerwears to....... thanks for all the answers tho i almost had a heart attack i thought it had sucked all the dirt up in me motor and i wus gone have to spend my money on fixin stock stuff not buyin aftermarket:o

zeppelin
08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
i know the feelin it really sux ne time i thought i stripped the threads on the fork caps of my dirt bike and i almost threw up over it, that chit is sooo expensive

08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
it is a honda, run it with no filter. hondas last forever!!!! cant kill em.

I had a 80's cr80 dirt bike. my dad told me that when it blew up he would have it bored. I tried every damn thing I could to get that thing to blow. I would mix the gas to like 80:1 ratio and man would it go fast. hold it wfo all the way aross the lake, like 2 min of wide open and it still ran mint. I beat the snot out of that 80 and it never let me doun. my friend had a brandy new yamaha yz 80. I would roast him no matter what, drag, mx, xc. anything. I loved that stupid bike it was fast.

lol I will shut up now, ha ha.

450rcasualrider
08-24-2005, 11:43 PM
hey you might want to give your machine some fresh oil, jsut to be sure, sounds like nothing would have gotten in there, but an oil change never hurts right?

redlineranger
08-25-2005, 05:40 AM
right you are, but i changed the oil about a week ago:confused: ... besides im pretty sure it woulda have got filtered thru the oil filter if dirt got in the motor

exboy
08-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
heck no!!!!! i think it wus a doomed 4wheeler from the factory.... u rolled it god knows how many times.... i ''semi rolled it'':rolleyes: , and now this... its terrible

i know i didnt have much luck with keepin that thing on all fours when i had it either
:devil: