08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
i was there and saw it myself...pretty bad wreck

insaneracin2003
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
there is a sticky about him:(
i was wondering if that sticky was about him

08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
ya it was dierwolf posted the video in it. thats bad tho the one racer ran him over:rolleyes: :(

insaneracin2003
08-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
ya it was dierwolf posted the video in it. thats bad tho the one racer ran him over:rolleyes: :(
ohhh man,i didnt even see that till you mentioned it.wow.i hope he gets better soon.that is my all time fear is nosing off a jump.

sly400ex
08-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Him falling off the quad doesn't look like the worst part, it's the quad drilling him in the back and then getting ran over again that looks like it caused the most harm. What were the extent of his injuries? Hope he's doing well!

watts16
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Hope he recovers quick i did that once on my 300ex not that big of air but i broke my color bone.

Where is lorettas at?

08-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
Hope he recovers quick i did that once on my 300ex not that big of air but i broke my color bone.

Where is lorettas at? huricane hills tenesse

watts16
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
huricane hills tenesse
is that west or east

08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
i didnt even see the other gay runing him over tell i saw someone posted it, i hope he gets better soon

steveatv3
08-24-2005, 08:20 PM
dear lord! that is very horrific! I am such a ***** when it comes to other people hurt i cant stand other people in pain id rather be the one hurt then watching. that gives me the chills.

sly400ex
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
What were his injuries though?:confused:

insaneracin2003
08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
im not quite sure,check out the thread in thegnc coverage section,i beleive it is on the 3rd or 4th page of the loretta lynn coverage

Ruby Soho
08-25-2005, 07:41 AM
man that sucks, the guy who ran him over probably broke his ankle. it looks like he ran him over in that area

QuadJunkies
08-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex

Literally every bone in this face was broken, he has blood in his lungs and lost some teeth, he also had a btuised brain.
It apprears that his face was ran over , I also feel bad for the kid who ran him over, that would be hard to deal with too!:eek2:

Hes doing somewhat better, but still has a long recovery ...

MR.BIG
08-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Man that sucks I hope he has a good recovery its awful when stuff like this happens.

Trevor
08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Man that was nasty hope he has a full recovery that didn't look fun at all.

TCracin440ex
08-25-2005, 01:51 PM
ouch i almost cried watching that vid....speedy recovery kid...hope to see you back out there next year

Scott-300ex
08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
his landing hurt, then the guy ran over his head i think it looks like

i woulda ran out there and see if he was alive and check his pulse, that guy moves the quad, who cared about that, that'll tell more people not to go in that direction, i woulda ran from my seat in the audience and checked him out, i wouldn't have moved him though to hurt him more or put him in shock

who was that and hows he doin?

TCracin440ex
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

i woulda ran out there and see if he was alive and check his pulse, that guy moves the quad, who cared about that, that'll tell more people not to go in that direction, i woulda ran from my seat in the audience and checked him out, i wouldn't have moved him though to hurt him more or put him in shock

let me see he moved the quad to prevent others from hitting it causing an even bigger crash...imagine 3 or 4 quads crashing into one the pile up it would have caused....

Scott-300ex
08-25-2005, 08:38 PM
you'll see a 3 1/2' quad stickin up when your jumpin, so you know to move, you don't see a 6" tall person layin down till your on top of him

i would have checked him out first if ya know what im sayin

insaneracin2003
08-26-2005, 08:35 AM

check out the sticky,it is the first one in the OPEN forum

JRDrider22
08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
guys think about it. im not tring to be a flame in here or anything. when i saw that video it scared me a lot. best of luck to that him and the future.hope he gets a good recovery.

but think about it.its better to have moved the quad in case someone did hit it. can you imagine the pile up. when your coming down that fast its hard. i watched it in one of my races. watch the black quad in the video i think about the 5th quad. he goes down and totally sworves all the way to the right. i know its really bad. but i feel the staff did the best they could in the sitsuation.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
guys think about it. im not tring to be a flame in here or anything. when i saw that video it scared me a lot. best of luck to that him and the future.hope he gets a good recovery.

but think about it.its better to have moved the quad in case someone did hit it. can you imagine the pile up. when your coming down that fast its hard. i watched it in one of my races. watch the black quad in the video i think about the 5th quad. he goes down and totally sworves all the way to the right. i know its really bad. but i feel the staff did the best they could in the sitsuation. Can you imagine what was going threw all there minds right then??
I think when your in that situation and you have to make instant decisions, no one is gonna be perfect. Im sure they done what they thought was right, I dont think we should judge or second guess what WE would have done cause WE dont really know what would have been going on in our minds had we been in there shoes.

Its easier to say it sitting here watching the vid, but I know it would be very different if you only had seconds to think about it ;)

Quad18star
08-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Can you imagine what was going threw all there minds right then??
I think when your in that situation and you have to make instant decisions, no one is gonna be perfect. Im sure they done what they thought was right, I dont think we should judge or second guess what WE would have done cause WE dont really know what would have been going on in our minds had we been in there shoes.

Its easier to say it sitting here watching the vid, but I know it would be very different if you only had seconds to think about it ;)

So very true . When you're faced with that kind of situation , you don't have the time to think about what to do . We can sit here and watch that video then say " Well they should have done this or should have done that " but when the crash happened there was only a few seconds to react . I think the guy did the right thing by moving the quad out of the way ... like someone else said if another rider would have hit the quad it would have resulted in an even bigger wreck with probably more injuries . By moving the quad , it also allowed for the medical staff to get to the rider quicker and have more room to work .

Best of luck to Ryan and I wish him a speedy recovery .

WKY400EX
08-26-2005, 05:31 PM
you'll see a 3 1/2' quad stickin up when your jumpin, so you know to move, you don't see a 6" tall person layin down till your on top of him

i would have checked him out first if ya know what im sayin If you're approaching that huge tabletpp, how could you see another quad on the other side? You couldn't unless you were already in the air.

prepracing
08-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
huricane hills tenesse

thats actually Hurricane Mills, TN. More towards west TN, I-40 ex 143