PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning air filter

yamaha1470
06-06-2002, 06:23 PM
I have a stock air filter that has some dust on it and needs cleaning. How should i clean it? What should i use and what should i re-oil it with?

06-06-2002, 07:05 PM
You can clean it with soap and water real good, or you can get the PJ1 cleaner, thats what i use and it works awsome, you spray it on then you warsh it out then PJ1 makes anthor spray, it's called the treatment spray, you spray that on after you wash it. Good luck!

tprender
06-07-2002, 06:33 AM
This how I have been cleaning my foam filter for over 20 years with no problems. First I wash it is gas to clean the oil twice. Then right away I clean it in soapy water to get rid of the gas a few times. and let it dry. Don't use compressed air to dry, it might tear the foam. Many people will tell you not to use gas, it will rot the foam, but if you was it right away it will not. I have never had a problem with a filter over the years. When dry reoil with some type of foam filter oil.
About a year ago I was given a sample of the NO Toil oil and cleaner. It seam to work good and is eaiser to clean.
Get some plastic gloves to wear.