PDA

View Full Version : would you?

450robot
08-23-2005, 08:51 PM
well, since the new yfz came out ive been wanting one, the kickstart and weird ergos (which i thought were comfortable when i bought my r) are getting annoying, i mean, my legs rub on the tank so much, they make my skin raw, and the seat position is comfortable for cruising, but when hard racing, it always force my body backwards into a position where my back gets sore... almost like im slouching... anyways

with all the improvement on the yfz, it made me want one more

my uncle works at a big powersports dealer and he said if i really wanted to, he could get me one for a trade in on my 450r (with extra cash of course) but he said, he could do it for a couple hundred less than what a normal customer would pay

so, would you do it? would you sell the 450r for the new yfz?

sampleez
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
yep :D .......and i'm not biased at all :p

you can't expect to be fast on a bike that isn't comfy for ya.

Punk'd
08-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
well, since the new yfz came out ive been wanting one, the kickstart and weird ergos (which i thought were comfortable when i bought my r) are getting annoying, i mean, my legs rub on the tank so much, they make my skin raw, and the seat position is comfortable for cruising, but when hard racing, it always force my body backwards into a position where my back gets sore... almost like im slouching... anyways

with all the improvement on the yfz, it made me want one more

my uncle works at a big powersports dealer and he said if i really wanted to, he could get me one for a trade in on my 450r (with extra cash of course) but he said, he could do it for a couple hundred less than what a normal customer would pay

so, would you do it? would you sell the 450r for the new yfz?

All depends on the person. Some people have diffrent feels. Mine is the 450r. Hope you make the right choice.

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Get some seat time if you can on the yfz before you switch.

When I first got my 450r I didn't like it over my 400ex, but the more I ride it the more I like it.

get some raptor knee pads and your knee's will thank you. I hate how much I hit my knee's ont he top motor mounts. Knee pads cured that for me.

08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MAD450r
Get some seat time if you can on the yfz before you switch.

When I first got my 450r I didn't like it over my 400ex, but the more I ride it the more I like it.

get some raptor knee pads and your knee's will thank you. I hate how much I hit my knee's ont he top motor mounts. Knee pads cured that for me.

where did you buy your knee pads?
are they made especially for riding/racing?
just raced the last mid-atlantic series race and my freaking knees are very sore!!! lol. keep the jokes to a minimum, guys.

nowukno
08-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I love my 450r , i think it's very comfortable. One of my friends has a yfz and i think the seat is very uncomfortable and very hard but i heard that they changed that for the 06's. I think both quads are awesome , i just picked the 450r because im a honda man.

JRP
08-25-2005, 10:36 AM
yea id keep the 450r. the 450r jus feels so much better then the yfz... and im a honda guy...

MossboysRacing
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
definately keep the honda... i think i was concieved on a honda and i will probably die on a honda.:D

MAD450r
08-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Got my knee pads at Rocky Mountain Sports

400exrider0004
08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I would ride a new yfx and compare the yfz with the 450r you have now. And if you think the yamahas better then definately go with what you want.

jeepnrocks
08-26-2005, 05:31 PM
nope not me