PDA

View Full Version : Transmission issues

JHF219
08-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok guys i had a friend bring me his motor over because it wouldnt go in 6th gear, it just acted as a neutral? 1-5 was fine. I have torn the entire motor down to find that the 3/4 gear set was pretty badly worn, and that the center(C) shift fork was severly damaged !! now my question is does the C shift for effect 6th gear? from what i can tell the shift fork is so severly worn that maybe when he put it in gear it wasnt sliding the gear set over far enough to catch 6th gear? anyone got any input on this situation ?

Thanks,
JHF

beerock
08-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Ok guys i had a friend bring me his motor over because it wouldnt go in 6th gear, it just acted as a neutral? 1-5 was fine. I have torn the entire motor down to find that the 3/4 gear set was pretty badly worn, and that the center(C) shift fork was severly damaged !! now my question is does the C shift for effect 6th gear? from what i can tell the shift fork is so severly worn that maybe when he put it in gear it wasnt sliding the gear set over far enough to catch 6th gear? anyone got any input on this situation ?

Thanks,
JHF
'
yup, replace the worn parts....