PDA

View Full Version : pointless but a funny lawn mower destruction story

enduro400rider
08-23-2005, 07:59 PM
well yesterday me and my freind took my old lawn mower out. its an old craftsman riding mower thats about 25 years old. its gotta be one of the littlest mowers made it the kind with the motor in the back and a 30 inch deck. we we took the deck off and put some gas in it and set off down the road. we drove it into the woods and these woods have the best ridding around with hills rocks mud you name it it has it. well we get to the first mud bog and its pretty much dried up but there a good 4 or 5 inches of sticky mud left in it and it about 20 feet long i have it toped out in 5th gear doin a good 2 or 3 mph. it went right through it like nothing we were both amazed. the thing had stock turf tires on it. well after about 3 miles of riding we get to a real technical section with steep hills and lots of rocks and mud. we brough a flat head screw driver and a come along to get us out of trouble well before we entered the technical section i jumped off and let air out of the rear tires since i seen it done on TV and heard it gave you more traction. i let some out not a whole lot but enough to let the tires flex. well that little tractor climbed up everything and made it to the end. :eek2: we were amazed how far this thing made it for having a small 10hp motor. well at the end of the technical trail i turn it around and tell my buddy to try it. he made it about 100 yards and i was walking out in front of him and i saw that he wasnt making any progress so i asked him what was wrong i walk over and look and the back tire is completely flat and coming off the rim. now we were about 5 miles back in the woods with nothing but a come along and a screw driver. to make it worse the flat tire was the drive side. we were able to get it about 100 yards up the trail and we gave up . we had to walk home and get his quad to pull it out of the woods. we pulled it out but it took 45 min to get to the road. we got to the road and started pulling it home and i was riding on the mower and my freind gets his quad goin in 4th gear and gettin pulled on a little mower with a flat doin a good 40mph. he goes around a turn and the mower broke loose the tire came off and i was riding rim. my neighbor happened to be behind us on the way home and he saw me sliding all over the road it almost flipped a couple of times. we finnally got home and spent an hour trying to fix the tire. we only spent about $3 for gas and the mower was free so we had some good cheap fun that lasted for hours. it was the most fun ive had in a while. we decided to buy a new set of back tires for it with some good tread we found some nice nooby tires for 12 buck each so we figure its worth it to have some more fun. we named the mower "the stupid" one good thing about it is its chain drive so we dont have to worry about the belts slipping when they get muddy. all have to post some pics of it in action. we might take it out tommarow. for another beating.

08-23-2005, 08:08 PM
by the title i thought you blew it up:p

08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I got a craftman 12 hp. Once i get thcarbback on I'm siwthcing the front tires to the back and get the other set of front tires of of the parts craftsman and its gonna rip wheelies. I'll get some pics.

enduro400rider
08-23-2005, 08:23 PM
haha that was kinda the plan. but it kept runing so we thought we should keep it for another day. the mower is basically already blown up. my uncle gave it to us cuz theres a crack in the block and its leakin oil. we figured we would ride it out into the woods untill it died and leave it. those woods have some crazy stuff back there. theres half of a old ford model A a bus some old tractors ect. for some odd reason theres a flag pole in the middle of no ware back there. :confused: its not like you can fly a flag in the middle of the woods. fun place to ride though theres even some old caves back the with big ledges. some big *** trees with name carvings back from the 30s. its like 10 square miles of gov. property with insane trails. not really legal but no one cares.

enduro400rider
08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
I got a craftman 12 hp. Once i get thcarbback on I'm siwthcing the front tires to the back and get the other set of front tires of of the parts craftsman and its gonna rip wheelies. I'll get some pics.

my buddy stands on the back and holds on the the back of the seat and we pop the clutch and it will pull up and drag on the hitch for about 10 feet and sets back down. it keeps us amused through the last week of our summer vavation

08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
my buddy stands on the back and holds on the the back of the seat and we pop the clutch and it will pull up and drag on the hitch for about 10 feet and sets back down. it keeps us amused through the last week of our summer vavation

trust me it won't last a week. I can't keep mine running for more than 2 days.

BlazingYamahaYz
08-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Craftsman mowers can withstand alotta abuse. My friends had a 11hp 5 speed mower, and we would do monster wheelies with it, attempt jumping ramps, etc. It even flipped a few times and was still running. At one point we put ATF down the air filter and made a giant smoke show. It was all good until one day my buddy started it, and the front end started on fire. After his dad screaming at him and his brother to get away from it, it finally went out and they checked the damage....one of the valves shot through the cylinder...ouch. We also had a John Deere mower that was 5 speed and fast as heck...we put different pulleys on it and were doing at least 15-20 with it. It was chain drive(which always fell off). But it did drive around in their woods and in the river pretty well. One day after being started it whipped the recoil chord out and it was whipping around like a helicopter...and another time the little cover over the top of the engine fell off and created a sparks show. That stuff passed the time until we found quads:D

enduro400rider
08-23-2005, 09:26 PM
well the mower is my new quad. i have absolutly no desire to ride quads right now. i got arrested yesterday ridding down the road on a quad, about 1 hour after we got back with the mower we went to ride the trails and i look back and theres a cop, behind us i wait for it to pass us because the cops are pretty cool and really dont care as long as we are not being bad. well he turns on the sirens and i did the wrong thing i mashed the gas and ran. well lets just say i didnt make it to the trail fast enough, got arrested and taken to the station he listed over 20 charges he could put on me, one was i wasnt waring a seat belt, what the hell is up wit that. so he let me go and i had to promise to never do it again, my dad had to come pick me up and needless to say he wasnt happy. so the 400 is up for sale im the one who decided to sell it since i cant ride the road i can get to the trails. our town hired new cops and they are *******s the old ones would just wave and let us be. now they got young ******* cops, who spend there time chasing quads while our only store in town gets robbed about every three days. its rediculas they need to leave us alone.

SRH
08-23-2005, 09:28 PM
well yesterday me and my freind took my old lawn mower out. its an old craftsman riding mower thats about 25 years old. its gotta be one of the littlest mowers made it the kind with the motor in the back and a 30 inch deck. we we took the deck off and put some gas in it and set off down the road. we drove it into the woods and these woods have the best ridding around with hills rocks mud you name it it has it. well we get to the first mud bog and its pretty much dried up but there a good 4 or 5 inches of sticky mud left in it and it about 20 feet long i have it toped out in 5th gear doin a good 2 or 3 mph. it went right through it like nothing we were both amazed. the thing had stock turf tires on it. well after about 3 miles of riding we get to a real technical section with steep hills and lots of rocks and mud. we brough a flat head screw driver and a come along to get us out of trouble well before we entered the technical section i jumped off and let air out of the rear tires since i seen it done on TV and heard it gave you more traction. i let some out not a whole lot but enough to let the tires flex. well that little tractor climbed up everything and made it to the end. :eek2: we were amazed how far this thing made it for having a small 10hp motor. well at the end of the technical trail i turn it around and tell my buddy to try it. he made it about 100 yards and i was walking out in front of him and i saw that he wasnt making any progress so i asked him what was wrong i walk over and look and the back tire is completely flat and coming off the rim. now we were about 5 miles back in the woods with nothing but a come along and a screw driver. to make it worse the flat tire was the drive side. we were able to get it about 100 yards up the trail and we gave up . we had to walk home and get his quad to pull it out of the woods. we pulled it out but it took 45 min to get to the road. we got to the road and started pulling it home and i was riding on the mower and my freind gets his quad goin in 4th gear and gettin pulled on a little mower with a flat doin a good 40mph. he goes around a turn and the mower broke loose the tire came off and i was riding rim. my neighbor happened to be behind us on the way home and he saw me sliding all over the road it almost flipped a couple of times. we finnally got home and spent an hour trying to fix the tire. we only spent about $3 for gas and the mower was free so we had some good cheap fun that lasted for hours. it was the most fun ive had in a while. we decided to buy a new set of back tires for it with some good tread we found some nice nooby tires for 12 buck each so we figure its worth it to have some more fun. we named the mower "the stupid" one good thing about it is its chain drive so we dont have to worry about the belts slipping when they get muddy. all have to post some pics of it in action. we might take it out tommarow. for another beating.

i think i will start calling you, "the stupid"

enduro400rider
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i think i will start calling you, "the stupid"

haha yeah me and my buddy do alot of stupid things but it keeps us amuzed since we live in the middle of noware theres not much to do.

DeerNuts
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
No I think he meant your post was impossible to read. My eyes hurt by the time I waded thru it.
You gotta break it up. Its a never ending, I dont know what you call it. Make paragraphs. A period here and there with a little capitalization wouldnt hurt either. Just makes it a bit easier on our eyes is all.

JDiablo
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Run on sentences,but anyway,that sounds like fun :devil:

n00b on a 400ex
08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
my parents have a craftsman 18hp 6-speed. i love doing full throttle starts in 6th gear on the pavement. it lurches forward (turf tires grip it nicely). though if you do that too much the belt slips off, which sucks and takes a good 5-10 minutes to fix. it can wheelie pretty good after a full load of grass is in the back (watch out though, because if you go too far the grass bins fall off and dump grass all over the place). anyone know how to squeeze a few more horses from it? i tried taking the airbox off but didnt notice any difference, and the pipes seem kinda small (i do have stock 400ex and trailblazer full pipes laying around, wonder how those would do :devil: )

enduro400rider
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
well i took it out again today. got it up to my garage with a flat and the tire almost came off on the way up. it took about 20 min to get it inflated and i think we put to much pressure in it cuz it was bulging out in places and all deformed. but it never gave us trouble the whole day. i thought for sure it was gonna blow. we had it way back in the trails and today i really didnt stay on the trail much we kinda blazed our own trails. we were back there a good 3 hours and headed home we got to the road and made it about 100 yards and it died. we came so close to geting it home today under its own power. turns out we ran outta gas so we pushed it home instead of pulling it with a quad in fear we might get arrested agian.:rolleyes: my buddies dad talked to the cop who lives at the end of our road about our little incident with the police the other day. he was so pissed ( the cop at the end of my road) that the cop came after us, he said that he had no buisness chasing us and that they are leagly not aloud to chase us because it could cause an accident. the retard even pulled up beside us and tried to "box us out" he could easily get in big trouble for that. worst part is we didnt know he was behind us for a while and we even came to an intersection and stop looked both ways and went on, he tried to tell our parents we never even slowed down and ran right through the stop sign full speed. that cop was a lier. he made up all kinds of crap about us breaking the speed limit and things like that the quad we were on wouldnt even do the speed limit on a good day with wind behind us. were fileing a complant on him. the tard didnt even read me my rights

enduro400rider
08-25-2005, 07:19 PM
took her out again today. I wreaked it pretty bad, i was ridding up a hill with a bunch of rocks and logs and a log was across a trail so i shifted it into 4th and got off and walked beside it. i lifted the front end over the log and the back tires were spining so i lifted the back end over and it took off so i ran and jumped back on it. but my shoe lace got tangled on the log and the mower kept goin and i tried to hang on to it half sitting on the seat and half getting ripped off the mower my bare leg was on the muffler so i had to let go of the mower. i got burnt and scraped up and the mower kept goin untill it hit a tree and rolled over. it was pretty funny lookin from what my freind described it as being. it still lives to run another day. tommarow we might make it a little faster by messing around with dif sprokets

blastereatin250
08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
took her out again today. I wreaked it pretty bad, i was ridding up a hill with a bunch of rocks and logs and a log was across a trail so i shifted it into 4th and got off and walked beside it. i lifted the front end over the log and the back tires were spining so i lifted the back end over and it took off so i ran and jumped back on it. but my shoe lace got tangled on the log and the mower kept goin and i tried to hang on to it half sitting on the seat and half getting ripped off the mower my bare leg was on the muffler so i had to let go of the mower. i got burnt and scraped up and the mower kept goin untill it hit a tree and rolled over. it was pretty funny lookin from what my freind described it as being. it still lives to run another day. tommarow we might make it a little faster by messing around with dif sprokets
Wow, someones bored.:rolleyes:

enduro400rider
08-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by blastereatin250
Wow, someones bored.:rolleyes:

haha yeah kinda but its my only ride right now. it suprizingly fun though

redlineranger
08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
within a few days he wont be able to post a daily story due to it will be blown up:D ..... sounds fun tho, about the cops... yea cops are pricks