PDA

View Full Version : Cracked frame

aroracer72
08-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I was waiting for it...but its true. Cracked on the upper left main frame tub...near the back. Gettin it guessetted and PC'd....any good experiences with some companies and theyre guessetting work??..and how about a rough ball park estimate on time for service and price.
thanks guys
CHAD

trx450Rrider
08-24-2005, 11:37 AM
i cracked both sides. bare performance does some good work

MAD450r
08-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I just curious to where I have to keep an eye on. I love to jump alot. I also had a freind crash my 450r into a tree. all I can find for damage was the stock bumper collapsed.

Just want to keep an eye on my frame since its under warrenty so I cant go get it gussetted yet.

aroracer72
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
So...you would like to know were to keep an eye for the cracks???

If so.....the most commen spot...is on the main frame tubes......top frame tubes......right after the weld right under the rear of your gas tank. I bilieve from common sense that this is caused by the hits from the shock from repaeted jumping.......which makes sense.

I mean it took almsot two full seasons of 4th and fifth gear jumps....big jumps...and hard landings etc to crack it..unless your a crazy jumper or a constant mx racer.......you prolly have nothing to worry about.
CHAD

ThumPIN_450R
08-24-2005, 01:43 PM
It took me about a month to get my first crack now I'm on my second frame and it has two cracks up near the steering stem hoop