PDA

View Full Version : engine/running problems...300ex help needed..

Ridinred02
08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
alright guys, well heres the problems...i threw a wiesco domed piston in the b!itch about 3 months ago, new rings, gaskets, ect...ever since another problem had started....i have bad compression, it wont even start, it has no power from mid-ful throttle, i have no clue what it could be...the timing on the motor is dead on, the jetting is dead on, the eletrical, (cdi boxes) are fine, ive checked everything almost...my friend who had worked on honda cars for 10 years about told me to get something called a compression checker, that you screw into the spark plug, does anyone else know what it could be?

please reply asap...i wana fix this sum b!itch so i can sell it......

thanks for looking - Josh

Ridinred02
08-24-2005, 08:57 AM
anything

Trevor
08-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Sorry can't help ya!

300exOH
08-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Try the compression tester and compare it to the specs in the service manual if you have one...if not I highly suggest you get one. Also check your air boots and carb jetting. For a quick compression check put your finger/thumb tightly in the spark plug hole and turn the engine over. You should get a good pop if there's much/any compression.

RRP
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I now you said your timing was on but other than the rings themselves a valve not closing all the way or in the right time can cause your lack of compression.Possible bent valve??The only other thing could be that the jug was worn too much to put stock rings back in it and they never seated properly

Ridinred02
08-24-2005, 08:16 PM
thanks for the reply's...i got some stuff i've got to try, including what you's recomended trying, i will give updates on how it turns out....thanks -