PDA

View Full Version : Carb keeps leaking gas out overflow!!Please help!

RIKR4X
06-06-2002, 05:39 PM
I took my 42 pilot out and put back in the 38,well now when i get done riding it ,the gas will start coming out the over flow,I checked the floats but what is there to check? I shook the carb i here the floats moving . what can it be? It has to be something simple.thanks

Wheelie
06-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Check the float for holes, you can do this by removing the float and shaking it to see if it's full of fuel. If in doubt, one can also place the float in a small jar of fuel, if bubbles come to the surface, the float needs replaced.

Also check the to see if it's installed correctly and inspect the needle valve and seat for any foreign debris, or anything that looks unusual.

Hope this helps......

Jeremiah

06-06-2002, 08:22 PM
screw the overflow sxrew in till it seats.

Leo
06-06-2002, 09:22 PM
the little plastic baffle that goes around the main jet didn't get out of place and stuck on top of the floats did it?

good time to tear it back apart and double check everything...

Leo

RED121572
06-07-2002, 09:46 AM
Ive got the same problem. Whenever my quad is anything but level, gas will come pouring out. Example...driving my quad up the ramps into the back of my truck.

Maybe my case is normal....or maybe not. Anyone have any input on this?

CranMan
06-07-2002, 11:47 AM
I think it's semi-normal for gas to come out when you're on a incline, I've seen gas trails at the top of steep hills I'[ve climbed, and also after wheelie'ing. If it's leaking just sitting there, you might need to make sure the drain screw is seated, or there may be some trash in the float valve...

RED121572
06-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your input, CranMan.

harebounder
06-07-2002, 07:36 PM
You might have a piece of dirt or something in your carb when you put it back together or something got sucked into your carb. It happened to my carb on my banshee took it off twice before i found it. It stopped after the first time me and my friend did it. Then it started again so i would go through it again. Make sure there isn't anything sitting in a needle hole that what was happenning with mine.

RIKR4X
06-07-2002, 08:52 PM
This sight is so helpfull!!! Thanks for the help. I took it apart 3xs ,finally found a little piece of dirt in the needle hole.Thanks for all the help:D

zuLi0
07-09-2002, 11:09 PM
whats that stupid thing around the main jet there for anywyas, can it be removed, is there a reason for it being there? im having the same problem, floats are fine and didnt seem to have gas in them, but i didnt take the floats out and check the needle valve. :\

will try to tommorrow, i hate taking the carb off, to many other parts to take off

heh

:) :macho :square :huh :blah :devil

RIKR4X
07-10-2002, 04:29 PM
I took mine apart 4 x and finally found a small piece of dirt under the needle!!!