PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Doug Eichner Carb Jetting

HondaRacing23
08-23-2005, 04:43 PM
I just got this carb and was wondering what i will have to do to get fairly close to where i need to be for the getting. I live in Ohio and I have a Je Piston 12:1 with a hot cam stage 2 and full HMF system and the air box lid is on. should it already be set to where i need it? also will my motion pro twist throttle (turbo kit) work with this carb or will i have to get a different cable. they said it does come with one but will it work with mine. Thanks

400exrider707
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
To my knowledge the edelbrock carb doesn't use jets. I believe its all just clips and needles.

HondaRacing23
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Well what clips and needles will i need to use.. i think u are right now that i think about it.

MarkyNark
08-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Did you buy it new or used?

If you baught it used, the jetting is controlled by a screw thats accessed at the top of the carb. Remove the screw and that exposes the set screw inside. Simply take a very small standard screw driver and move the screw 1 click at a time. Counter-clockwise (left) is to lean it out. Clockwise (right) is to richen it. Three clicks and youve taken your carb up or down 4000-5000 feet in elevation. So dont move to many clicks.

rob-u/21
08-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Your motion pro twist will not work. Edlebrock carbs come with their own throttle. I have an edlebrock carb and all I have to do to adjust is hold the throttle wide open and turn the little knob on top of the carb. Their is more to adjusting an edlebrock other than the needles though. These carbs are very sensitive when adjusting. They do come with a manual that tells you how to adjust.

MarkyNark
08-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
Your motion pro twist will not work. Edlebrock carbs come with their own throttle. I have an edlebrock carb and all I have to do to adjust is hold the throttle wide open and turn the little knob on top of the carb. Their is more to adjusting an edlebrock other than the needles though. These carbs are very sensitive when adjusting. They do come with a manual that tells you how to adjust.

I have a Motion Pro twist with my Edelbrock. All I had to do is get a cable.

HondaRacing23
08-24-2005, 09:02 AM
I bought it brand new. HE said it comes with a motion pro cable will that work with my current twist throttle. thanks

rob-u/21
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
I have a Motion Pro twist with my Edelbrock. All I had to do is get a cable.
Do you still use a pull/push system or just a pull. Also, does using a motion pro throttle make the turning any shorter.

MarkyNark
08-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Just pull on the Edelbrock. As far as stortenting the pull, that depends on the Motion Pro twist. I have the 1/4 turn to full.

MarkyNark
08-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing23
I bought it brand new. HE said it comes with a motion pro cable will that work with my current twist throttle. thanks

Exactly, you can REQUEST a cable that will EXACTLY work with the edlebrock when you order your MotionPro. But, if you already have the MotionPro, with a stock carb cable, all he will have to do is get the correct cable to work with the Edelbrock. No new Motion Pro is needed, just the correct cable.

HondaRacing23
08-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I called edelbrock and they told me that it comes with the cable i need for a twist throttle so i should be set. I guess i will have to wait and see on friday when i get it. thanks