PDA

View Full Version : anyone else seen this?

Butters
08-23-2005, 02:31 PM
i saw this on another site and thought it was interesting. sorry if its a repost.

In theory...the following would work if we all stopped being lazy asses!
So common common common common! I'm tired of practically bursting into tears when I fill up my tank.

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want
gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an
inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to
take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down
is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But
we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a
price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they
reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out
on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to
reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to
at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least
ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message
reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE
MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all
you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline
from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND
KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

08-23-2005, 02:41 PM
thats a great idea!

08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
We need to take some intelligent, united action

uh oh.. theres the flaw lol.. wont work without that line being 110% accurate =))

Jesse

chucked
08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
It wont work like that, best way to do it is for everyone to buy a bike, and start pedaling

Butters
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
well if you think about it and tons of people really did do it, it would work. the key is to getting a large majority of people to participate.

08-23-2005, 03:18 PM
one thing you will learn about the untied states of america is this... we are HYPOCRYTES! we will ***** about stuff to no end, but do nothing about it..

think bout that one..

Jesse

chucked
08-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
one thing you will learn about the untied states of america is this... we are HYPOCRYTES! we will ***** about stuff to no end, but do nothing about it..

think bout that one..

Jesse

that too lmao

derekhonda
08-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Butters

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace.... not sellers.

Actually, the sellers control it in this case. Won't work.

honda350r
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
The little guys will run out of gas !!!!

RIDE THE BUS :D

08-23-2005, 06:37 PM
you say not to buy exxon or mobile now but wait until they are like $0.25 cheaper then the gas place you plan on going. yah, ur gonna go to the cheaper place ad it will go right back up. this plan won't work

08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
The little guys will run out of gas !!!!

RIDE THE BUS :D you do realize busses use gas too,right?

derekhonda
08-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Actually, the sellers control it in this case. Won't work.

this guy is smart you should listen to him

HondaEXrider22
08-23-2005, 07:56 PM
this guy is smart you should listen to him

LMAO

EvilJester400EX
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Answer this: Do you honestly believe that "X" amount of people will not buy gas for one day? This "theory" has been around for I don't know how long and no large group of people have ever followed through with this. Like Dirt Merchant said, we're all hypocrites.

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh I know as do most of you that this won't work, and the main reason it won't work is because people will not take initiative to do it. They will just procrastinate and continue to complain about it. In America nothing can ever be done in masses because people refuse to stick together. They are to egotistical.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Oh I know as do most of you that this won't work, and the main reason it won't work is because people will not take initiative to do it. They will just procrastinate and continue to complain about it. In America nothing can ever be done in masses because people refuse to stick together. They are to egotistical.

No, it wont work because it is a monopolistic product. What else are you going to pour in your gas tank? Milk? Water? Olive Oil? Shredded Cheese? Drain-O? Ice Tea? Spit? Faygo? Root Beer Floats? Oh....you won't be pouring any of that in your gas tank? Guess you will continue to buy gas then.

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
No, it wont work because it is a monopolistic product. What else are you going to pour in your gas tank? Milk? Water? Olive Oil? Shredded Cheese? Drain-O? Ice Tea? Spit? Faygo? Root Beer Floats? Oh....you won't be pouring any of that in your gas tank? Guess you will continue to buy gas then.

last time i checked we weren't talking about not buying gas, but buying gas from only certain people. that way the other company has to lower their gas prices. after that you buy from them forcing the other company to compete with them. then you can do the same thing again. if it was done right yes it could work, but like i said it won't work on a large scale. next time ask for me to explain or something before you pull the smart aleck move.

Woodsrider
08-24-2005, 01:19 PM
What's Faygo?:ermm:

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:19 PM
last time i checked we weren't talking about not buying gas, but buying gas from only certain people. that way the other company has to lower their gas prices. after that you buy from them forcing the other company to compete with them. then you can do the same thing again. if it was done right yes it could work, but like i said it won't work on a large scale. next time ask for me to explain or something before you pull the smart aleck move.

Yes, we were talking about "not buying gas"....from certain companies. Gas has very little to do with demand...it is all about supply. And guess who controls the supply? It isnt me or you. Dier wolf cant even control it.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
What's Faygo?:ermm:

are you serious?

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes, we were talking about "not buying gas"....from certain companies. Gas has very little to do with demand...it is all about supply. And guess who controls the supply? It isnt me or you. Dier wolf cant even control it.

well you may have been talking about not buying gas but the original article, which is what i was talking about, was talking about buying gas only from certain companies.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
well you may have been talking about not buying gas but the original article, which is what i was talking about, was talking about buying gas only from certain companies.

OK butters, do you really think this theory will work?

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
OK butters, do you really think this theory will work?

pay attention! i said i know its not going to work. i am saying it could work. we know it could. it would most likely work well on a small scale, but since this is a nationwide problem, it most likely won't work on a large scale. it could of course work, but with how people are in america it most likely would not. once again i'm sure it would not be a success. the original post was stating how i thought it was something to think about because it was interesting. that is all.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
pay attention! i said i know its not going to work. i am saying it could work. we know it could. it would most likely work well on a small scale, but since this is a nationwide problem, it most likely won't work on a large scale. it could of course work, but with how people are in america it most likely would not. once again i'm sure it would not be a success. the original post was stating how i thought it was something to think about because it was interesting. that is all.

Ok, so you say you know it isn't going to work, but yet you still defend it? okie dokie

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Ok, so you say you know it isn't going to work, but yet you still defend it? okie dokie

do you think about what you say?? anyways i'm neither here nor there when it comes to it working on a large scale. i said it could work, but it most likely won't. didn't know that was hard to understand.

Woodsrider
08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
are you serious?

:o Yea, I am. I think I've heard of it before but dont remember what it is. :o :(

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
i said it could work, but it most likely won't.

i said i know its not going to work

well i have to run, my verbal beating on butters will have to be delayed for a couple hours.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
:o Yea, I am. I think I've heard of it before but dont remember what it is. :o :(

it is a very cheap soda.

www.faygo.com

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:42 PM
well i have to run, my verbal beating on butters will have to be delayed for a couple hours.

you know maybe if you would quote the rest it would make sense. i can also quote you

Originally posted by derekhonda i know i am wrong

but that doesn't mean the quote is true.

derekhonda
08-24-2005, 01:43 PM
i quoted what you said. You made mine up. is that what we are resorting to?

I have sex with my Cat "fluffy" nightly.

Butters
08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
i quoted what you said. You made mine up. is that what we are resorting to?

no i am saying you quoted part of my whole statement making it false. that was an example of false quotes. no i do not resort to childish and obscene comments and/or quotes such as yourself.

TRFOXX
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
HAHAHAHA I have sex with my cat fluffy everynight! HAHAHAHA
You guys sound like 2 girls but the cat thing? I lost it when i read that!!

Butters
08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
HAHAHAHA I have sex with my cat fluffy everynight! HAHAHAHA
You guys sound like 2 girls but the cat thing? I lost it when i read that!!

Originally posted by TRFOXX i'm a huge pile of trash.... but you already know that