PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else wakeboard/do watersports?

BlazingYamahaYz
08-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone else does any sort of watersports and what you drive. I have been wakeboarding more and more lately with my friends, and they have a Malibu Euro F3 ski boat w/tower. It's super nice and wakeboarding behind it is awesome. I am somewhat of a newbie and my friends are way better than me so it's always entertaining to watch them trying tricks. They have a cabin on a lake up in WI that we board on and we have gone to the Illinois River a few times.

T.Hopp
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
My first love is whitewater kayaking. Atv's come second. I drive a Jeep Cherokee w/ 5' wide Yakima bars on luggage rack. I can stack 6 boats on the roof. Your neck of the woods dosen't offer any whitewater. The snowmobiling is pretty damn good though. I visited Eagle River and Minoqua for some winter time fun!

BlazingYamahaYz
08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Sounds like some serious fun. I have always wanted to go whitewater rafting. I am going to pick up a new wakeboard tomorrow, a 2004 Subject 137 with 2004 alpha liquid force bindings on it, got it for $350. I'm going to WI this weekend to try it out, I'll get some pics and post 'em when I get back.

tdsongster
08-24-2005, 09:49 PM
The wife and I own a Sea Doo RX and GSX. They are a ton of fun. Though quads still rank higher...

exboy
08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
ive wakeboarded before and it was super fun now im pressurin my dad to buy a boat and a wake board but i dont think it will happen

salamie slammer
08-25-2005, 07:28 AM
i wake board, ski, and knee board i like wake boardin the best though i think i get pulled by a tige (sp)ski boat

SGA
08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
I bought this last week.

bman9
08-25-2005, 07:40 AM
i waterski behind our seadoo speedster because the lake we are at is too shallow for a bigger prop boat.

red2004 TRX450R
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I just learned to ski this month. statrted out on 2 then droped one. I could not get out of the water on a slulum ski untill I got behind a new NAUTIQUE that boat is grate!!!! :D

BlazingYamahaYz
08-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Natique is quite a nice boat. SGA looks like a good purchase. I always wanted to just mess around on one of those for a day or two. The only thing that aggrevates me about those things is some of the people driving them...they follow a little close jumping the wake behind the boarder we're pulling and I have had one drive within 6 feet from me when I had fallen. The board I am picking up tonight (which today is my b-day btw) ...
http://hobsplace.com/images/store/liquidforce2004subjekt137.jpg
and the boat....same except without the black pylon the boat we use has a white wakeboard tower on it and its a single axle trailer...but you get the idea.
https://www.intra-focus.com/watersports/Images/special2big.jpg

hardkoratvmxr
08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
i use to wakeboard until i did a 360 and on the way back to the handle i missed and hit the water in a belly buster position at arouned 30 mph and got knocked out for liek 3 minutes so now i juss ride causal on them.

SGA
08-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
SGA looks like a good purchase. I always wanted to just mess around on one of those for a day or two. The board I am picking up tonight (which today is my b-day btw) ...
http://hobsplace.com/images/store/liquidforce2004subjekt137.jpg

Thats a nice board and happy BD!
Ive always wanted a stand up ski to do some easy tricks on. I got this one for $400, stand included. It runs good but needs a good cleaning.

redrider311
08-25-2005, 09:42 PM
hey guys.. nice to know some other people board on here.. ive been boardin for about 5 1/2 years now.. ive gotten in a couple local videos and went to a contest locally.. i dont have many pics on my computer but heres one of me coming down after doing a tantrum.. just another trick in my bag of tricks lol.. sorry for the bad pic.. i dont know if i have any others of me... ill look..

http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-400ex-00-bikepics-416121.jpg

Hondadudeehhhh
08-26-2005, 08:42 AM
i wake board and knee board. My buddy bob use to be a pro wakeboarder until he tore his ACL and a couple other ligaments (doing a rally). He lived with some famous pro whos' name i can't remember but bob taught this wake boarding school down in florida before he took the digger. he's been out for 2 1/2 years but next season he will be back. Anyways We use a malibu (perfect boat) and a master craft which is okay. I just started this summer and it's one of the most fun sports there is

BlazingYamahaYz
08-26-2005, 08:48 AM
RedRider - Nice pic. Where do you wakeboard at? Hondadudeehhhh - I think I heard about that camp in Florida. I was talking to an employee at a marina in WI and he was talking about one of his friends taking him down there and getting to mess around there. I can't remember the boarders' name, but the guy from the marina has been skiing for 20+ years and coaches or w/e a ski show.

Hondadudeehhhh
08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
well if you're out there again ask him if he knows a guy by the name of Bob Vezina. Im sure anyone who has ever met bob would remember him :p .

We actually can't use the mailbu we used about every day anymore because it's cracked in half. We were out drinking on the lake one night, everyone had only had about one beer and we had a designated driver. We had our red neck yacht club going on (malibu tied to two pontoons) and after about 5 minutes we see this kid flying thru the channel and figured he would turn but so we all went back to talking and stuff, about 20 seconds later we look over and here is this boat wide open smashing in the back of the pantoon and malibu. There was about 15 or 16 people on the boat and our buddy mike was killed and his girl friend sarah was in criticle condition until about a week ago. Anyways this kid grant was the one that hit us, 17 years old and he was drunk off his ***. The other day he was out riding his jet ski drunk, i dont think he even cares that he killed someone. He'll get what he deserves in court.

red2004 TRX450R
08-26-2005, 10:08 AM
my sister just want out last night and got a baja IO jet with a 454 bigblock.

To bad she lives 12 hours away!!!!!

BlazingYamahaYz
08-29-2005, 05:59 AM
Well I'm back. It was an awesome trip, weather was pretty good, I think Saturday it got kinda windy so the water was choppy, but other than that it was good. Water was ice cold. I only got a few pics....
http://myspace-866.vo.llnwd.net/00206/66/84/206484866_l.jpg

Me going from ridding regular switching to goofy...

http://myspace-109.vo.llnwd.net/00206/90/15/206485109_l.jpg

You can tell by my face I know what's coming...the front lip caught in that pic so I'm about to faceplant...

watts16
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
i used to do alot of wake boarding didnt quite get all the way around screwed my neck up. i mostly knee boardnow i got 360 and almost have the barrle role behind my cousins malibu w/ tower

SGA
08-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I used to slolam and knee board alot years ago. Then came wife, kids, mortgage, etc and that stuff just seems to get put on the back burner. You young guys enjoy it while you can!

Oh, I cranked the used jet ski for the first time yesterday. It needs some TLC but is shaping up nice. The carb needed adjusting, tighten clamps, clean the engine and lube all things that move, just the usual stuff that you have to do when you buy something used and cheap. The engine is tight and cranks right up. It needs a throttle cable and maybe a new battery.

Its a kawasaki 650cc and it puts out around 55 HP and goes about 40 MPH. Not much HP compared the the sit downs but this is way smaller and only weighs about 200 pounds i would guess. Hopefully this will be me in two or three weeks:D

trick450r
08-29-2005, 06:21 PM
yeah but on the standups it feels alot faster than the sit downs...i rode my uncles sea do gsx and gpx 1100's and i got the lighter one (cant remember which) to 64 mph...fast...

honda350r
08-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I used to slolam and knee board alot years ago. Then came wife, kids, mortgage, etc and that stuff just seems to get put on the back burner. You young guys enjoy it while you can!

Oh, I cranked the used jet ski for the first time yesterday. It needs some TLC but is shaping up nice. The carb needed adjusting, tighten clamps, clean the engine and lube all things that move, just the usual stuff that you have to do when you buy something used and cheap. The engine is tight and cranks right up. It needs a throttle cable and maybe a new battery.

Its a kawasaki 650cc and it puts out around 55 HP and goes about 40 MPH. Not much HP compared the the sit downs but this is way smaller and only weighs about 200 pounds i would guess. Hopefully this will be me in two or three weeks:D

Nice buy !! I love my 98 Yamaha superjet! I ride it twice a week at lake 10 mins from my house!

Stand ups are comming back big time ! Couches are very boring !!