PDA

View Full Version : Getting into quads pls HELPP!!!!

Filipe
08-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Hey everyone, I got into this quad scene recently when i got my yfz 450.
One thing that i would like to do ever since i got it like knowing how to mess around with it without having to call the mechanic .
So i was wondering is there any place like a site or any book icould buy that can tell me these things like basic to medium quad mechanic???? thx

Ruby Soho
08-23-2005, 08:08 AM
just mess around and post here, you'll learn

450r51
08-23-2005, 08:11 AM
hey felipe u live in angola, ny? and did u get an owners manual, cuz that is what i use to do everything to my quad.

TheFontMaster
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Buy a clymers manual. But the best way to learn is to just start wrenching and see what does and doesnt't work, and to have someone actualy show you how something works. When I went to try to get my 250r started, I had and electrician come over and look at the wireing for about an hour, and I also messed around with it for a while trying to figure out whats what. I had it at Rausch creek, QuadRacer041 who knew exactly what to do had rit running in about 10 minutes.

JDiablo
08-23-2005, 09:16 AM
I still think the best way to go at it is heads on,i have done that with all my quads and i could practically put them togheter in the dark :devil:

Of course a manual and this site ease my fear of ripping into any quad

Ralph
08-23-2005, 10:15 AM
you should learn basic maitenance, changing the oil, cleaning the airfilter, greasing up parts etc. The best place to start is the Yfz450 section of this site. Once you get the basics down if you ever run into any problems or get any questions search the yfz450 section or make a new thread there if u cant find the info through a search.

250rAL
08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
hey felipe u live in angola, ny? and did u get an owners manual, cuz that is what i use to do everything to my quad.

I think it's Angola the country...in South America. Isn't the in-tra-net amazing?

trick250r
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
just ask all your questions on here, some people on this site are really smart when it comes to this stuff

Filipe
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
u all got it wrong, actually angola is in africa not america above namibia if u not where that is....
yes i got the owners manual....but the thing i reall ywant to learn first are the basics like whats that called and what does that do and whatnot and then start messing around with the bike.
anywayus thx for ur help