PDA

View Full Version : Race Ready YFZ

Brit Mansell
08-23-2005, 07:52 AM
This is my race bike from the 2005 GNC Series. Due to some outside constraints I wasn't able to run the whole series, but I did get to prepare for the first of the season and this was the quad I was riding when I qualified for the Pro class at Macon. Everything on this quad is absolutely top of the line with no expense spared.

It was ridden once at Chandler Mountain for a practice session.
One SEQuads race at Triple T.
Two GNC nationals (Macon in Pro Class and Muddy Creek in ProAm Production).
It has been ridden for two practice sessions since then. The last time was Friday practice at Loretta's. Everything on the bike is 100% ready to go!

Here's the list of mods:
Lonestar DC4 A-Arms (newest style)
Lonestar Stk Length Swingarm
RPM Millenium Bearing Carrier (250R)
RPM Dominator II Axle (250R)
Custom Axis, Long Travel, Triple Rate Front Shocks
Custom Axis, Dual Rate Rear Shock
Steel Braided Brake Lines (Front and Rear)
TC Exhaust
Walsh Gusset Kit
Walsh Subframe
Noss Airbox Adapter w/ K&N Filter
RPM Solid Chromoly Rear Hubs (Honda Pattern)
RPM Cyclone Front Hubs (Honda pattern)
AC Racing Pro Peg Nerfs
GYTR Kick Start Kit
Battery/Fan/E-Start/Switches Removed
Stripped Wiring Harness
Dual Steering Stabilizers
RPM +2" Steering Stem
Acerbis Handguards
Quad-Tech Soft Seat
Quad-Tech Seat Cover
1-1/8" Bars CR High Bend
Honda 400EX Throttle, w/ cut carb spring
WR450 Crank
JE Piston
SSM Head Porting - perfect job on the porting
ITP C9 Front Wheels (4-1)
ITP Rear Beadlocks
Holeshots (4)
X-Factor Grab Bar
AC Stadium Front Bumper (slightly "tweaked")
Quad-Tech Nose Piece w/ Scoop
Quad-Tech Radiator Scoop
Quad-Tech Rear Master Cylinder Protector
Quad-Tech Shock Protectors
Braking, Wave Rear Brake Rotor
Braking, Wave Front Brake Rotors
Sidewinder Sprockets

Please don't compare this with the quads for sale on other boards now. This thing is almost brand new. I had two other quads to ride, so this one sat in the shop most of the season, just begging to be ridden.

Price: $12,000 firm

Email me at brit@mansellracing.com with any questions.

Pictures available at http://sequads.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3242

thanks,
.brit

Bill Fuller
08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
As a fellow YFZ rider I will be the first to say good luck on that price.I know you got alot of $ into the quad but it will never see that kind of money.You would do much better parting it out.Also pictures would be nice.

Brit Mansell
08-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Bill,

I appreciate the "positive" criticism. If someone is preparing to build a quad for the upcoming seasn of this caliber, they're expecting to spend around $17-$20k. If you're just an average MX'er or trail rider, obviously this isn't the quad for you and that price is unreasoable for you, but if you're serious about MX and want a serious quad, you would save thousands by buying this quad over building one.

I appreciate your attention to detail, but you missed the big red hyperlink where the pictures are displayed. It's just above your reply in the original post. There are serveral pictures displayed there.

thanks,
.brit

trick450r
08-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Brit Mansell
Bill,

I appreciate the "positive" criticism. If someone is preparing to build a quad for the upcoming seasn of this caliber, they're expecting to spend around $17-$20k. If you're just an average MX'er or trail rider, obviously this isn't the quad for you and that price is unreasoable for you, but if you're serious about MX and want a serious quad, you would save thousands by buying this quad over building one.

I appreciate your attention to detail, but you missed the big red hyperlink where the pictures are displayed. It's just above your reply in the original post. There are serveral pictures displayed there.

thanks,
.brit

if im correct im thinking that bill wasn't saying that the machine isn't worth that...he was just stating the fact that you can get a quad that is just as nice for about 8-9 grand....

Bill Fuller
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks Trick450r.Brit I didn't see the hyperlink:D I'm getting old.Very nice quad:macho

Brit Mansell
08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
you can get a quad that is just as nice for about 8-9 grand....

Guys, I don't know why you have to come on here and down talk a quad for sale. Does it make you feel better about your quad or something?

Also, please provide some links of quads of this caliber that have sold for "8-9 grand" and I'll believe your argument. Otherwise, I'll just assume you have an ulterior motive and dismiss your comments.

I'm by no means trying to start an argument here, but I've seen this happen countless times. If you don't like the price advertised, don't buy it! I wouldn't do this to a post about your quad.

thanks,
.brit

Brit Mansell
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Very nice quad:macho

Thanks

.brit

lOnEstArMx250r
08-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Yes very pimp indeed, nice quad

Brit Mansell
08-26-2005, 10:31 AM
:devil:

416exmx
08-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Good luck selling the YFZ Brit.

I just sold a fully built Walsh/PEP 450R for 12300, and have another full LSR/PEP 450r i'd like to have around 12000 out of. Alot of these guys dont really know what it takes to build these caliber of quads. Just give it time. There are only a select few out there that will even cough up 12k for a quad, and even a smaller number of guys that know a good deal when they see one.

Brit Mansell
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Good luck selling the YFZ Brit.

I just sold a fully built Walsh/PEP 450R for 12300, and have another full LSR/PEP 450r i'd like to have around 12000 out of. Alot of these guys dont really know what it takes to build these caliber of quads. Just give it time. There are only a select few out there that will even cough up 12k for a quad, and even a smaller number of guys that know a good deal when they see one.

Thanks.

I agree. It all depends on what you want to do with the quad, though. I'm assuming a lot of the guys on here are casual MX'ers or maybe even trail riders. Obviously a maxxed out MX quad isn't going to be that appealing to them. It's understandable.

.brit

08-26-2005, 04:55 PM
i think the quad is awesome, and seems to be worth every penny. i think the problem is this site, ebay and ********, are basically "auction" sites. and i've been to various auctions......i.e. car auctions, real estate auctions etc...unfortuantely auctions are usually attended by people that don't, won't or can't spend the kind of money you want/deserve for your quad......i think 416exmx is right though you'll probally get the money you want, it may just take a little longer then the guys selling less expensive stuff.......but isn't it that way with everything in life......goodluck:D

Brit Mansell
08-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by lerch
i think the quad is awesome, and seems to be worth every penny. i think the problem is this site, ebay and ********, are basically "auction" sites. and i've been to various auctions......i.e. car auctions, real estate auctions etc...unfortuantely auctions are usually attended by people that don't, won't or can't spend the kind of money you want/deserve for your quad......i think 416exmx is right though you'll probally get the money you want, it may just take a little longer then the guys selling less expensive stuff.......but isn't it that way with everything in life......goodluck:D

Yeah, good point. I didn't expect for it to sell as soon as it hit the web, but I also didn't expect people to bash the price. No big deal.

.brit