PDA

View Full Version : air filters

707trx250r
08-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I was wondering what filter is best for dust . A uni or k&n.
I am running a uni but just got a K&N with outerware.

Thanks for the help!!!

long live the R:devil:

86-250Rnut
08-22-2005, 10:56 PM
UNI! i have a k&N and i hate it. it dont filter worth a ****. i use there clean and oil and still when i go to clean the filter i get no dirt from it so it must be going right threw. but i can use a uni for the same amout of time and it will be 50x more dirty.
just my opinion.
Mitch:macho

TheFontMaster
08-23-2005, 09:07 AM
I have always run uni's, and always will. K&N's have thier place, and thats under the hood of a car.:o

250R Baja Rider
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
UNIs are best for dusty conditions.

K/N are better for sand dunes.

Tom TRX250R
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
I have heard UNI are better for dusty conditions, but I have ran a K&N with Outerwears for three years now in dusty and sandy conditions with no problems.

250r4life
08-23-2005, 12:16 PM
youre not going to get a consensus on this one... everybody is going to be divided... i personally prefer K&N to UNI. i actually have 2 K&Ns and 1 UNI, and i rarely use the UNI. UNIs are a pain i think to get clean and i dont think they breath as well.... i use a well oiled K&N with outerwear, and i also use a airbox outerwear cover depending on the condition... when im at the dunes for a few days, i switch out my K&Ns during the trip... i also think K&Ns breathe more smoothly, more consistent... i dont think youre gunna go wrong with either one, i just thinik k&n is a little better for performance... i guess it does depend on what kind of riding conditions you do as well

beerock
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
i ran k&n and outerwears for a long time and everytime i would take off my air filter the intake would be nice and clean.

I switch to uni's for the heck of it and everytime i changed my damn filter there was sand in my damn intake boot.

screw UNI

JTRtrx250r
08-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by beerock
i ran k&n and outerwears for a long time and everytime i would take off my air filter the intake would be nice and clean.

I switch to uni's for the heck of it and everytime i changed my damn filter there was sand in my damn intake boot.

screw UNI I had the opposite LOL

Both are good and shine in areas better than the other, K&N's for the flattrack and dry mx, Uni's for the rest ,for me:D

To each his own bro's;)

GoOn3
08-24-2005, 03:42 AM
ford / chevy
blonde / brunette
tall / short