PDA

View Full Version : what can i do? please help!

DvxDirtSlinger
08-22-2005, 08:36 PM
my dvx might be getting repoed. nothing i did wrong either. my dad bought it off of his buddy Ray and im making payment to my dad on it (weve got the reciept from the guy and everything) , but Ray never really "bought" it. his cousin bought it in his name because Ray had bad credit, and Ray was supposed to make the payments. well now that ray is behind quit a bit on his payments and his cousin is getting turned into collections for it he is pissed off, cant really blame him either i guess. he came by today before i went to work and tried to explain to me what was going on, of course i told him if he didnt leave the only thing he would end up with was an *** whoopin, but not a quad. he left and while i was at work explained it to my dad. i guess i cant blame the guy for wanting the money. and the finance company said if he could get the quad back they could take care of it some how. he is giving his cousin a month to get caught back up on the payments and then he is going to get the police involved, and then the quad would be repoed. so what can we do legally? i mean we've got the reciept from Ray and everything, but the quad was nevery really "his" so its kind of like stolen property isnt it??.....all i know is once this is ove with Ray will be getting his *** kicked by a minor (me) and then taking a trip to jail for hitting a minor

SGA
08-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow, thats quite a story! Did your dad go on and pay Ray the full amount for it? If he did, why didnt he get a title for it when he paid for it?
Sounds like Rays got some explaining to do.

I dont think theres much you can do and Ray might be going to jail.

08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
heres a perfect example of why you don't buy a quad WITHOUT THE TITLE INTO YOUR HAND!!!! you will ose the quad and theres notmuch you can do, you should of got the title or found out who had it and where it was ;)

DvxDirtSlinger
08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
dad took it in on trade for his '72 nova. Ray always said he would get us the paper work. we did make him sign that receipt saying that we allowed him $4300 on the trade. and we put the vin# on it and everything. we do have somthing there to prove that it was legally in our possesion as far as we knew. his cousin dosnt want the quad back at all. he wants the payments to be made, Ray seems to come up with quick cash when he needs it. he best come through this time if he knows whats good for him

08-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Do like every other American does when they are about to get repo'd....

Drive the hell out of it, smack it around, TEAR it up, dont care what breaks.... if the story is as you say it is, your not liable and even if you were its a REPO and they cant do crap about it.

During college bank repo'd my car, only thing is they were stupid enough to tell me they were coming, they found the car with the one window cracked open a little and a garden hose sticking inside ;)

Here fishy fishy!

duke416ex
08-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Trade Ray back for the Nova and then just let him and his cuz work it out.

smr
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
In the state of Ky Ray's cousin would be going to jail. It's against the law to sale anything with a lean on it without the lean holders approval. The only one the cops are gonna look at is the person who signed the loan.

vinson581
08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
personally i would drill out the vin on the frame. weld a bead accross the old vin and then grind it smooth, that way they cant X-ray the frame.....seriously they cant do **** then... and park it at a friends house and dont get involved.....just lie low, and dont ever get it registered. worse comes to worse buy a new frame (used) with a title and now you have a legit quad.

v581

DvxDirtSlinger
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
yea, sombody else suggested picking up a frame with paper work off of ebay, swap all the parts over and give them back ther bare frame with a big f-u