PDA

View Full Version : 450r stock hp

3x440ex
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Can someone please tell me what the stock hp is and what the hp is with HRC kit.
Thanks in advance.

Mobile Dyno
08-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Stock is 34hp and with the hrc kit you should get a couple more

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I'd atleast like to know the ballpark I should be in for hp. I have only done the hrc and a full exhaust so I was hoping to be at 40ish at rear wheels. The more I look into it I dont think I am without doing a piston as well.

I was curious since I ride with a predator alot and thats suppose to be in the upper 40's. How do I smoke him so badly off the line with my setup if that is the case. I do mostly 2nd gear starts. I find that his machine chockes when we try second gear starts. He just put 5000$ into his motor so we shall see how I compare to that now.

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd atleast like to know the ballpark I should be in for hp. I have only done the hrc and a full exhaust so I was hoping to be at 40ish at rear wheels. The more I look into it I dont think I am without doing a piston as well.

I was curious since I ride with a predator alot and thats suppose to be in the upper 40's. How do I smoke him so badly off the line with my setup if that is the case. I do mostly 2nd gear starts. I find that his machine chockes when we try second gear starts. He just put 5000$ into his motor so we shall see how I compare to that now.

He'll be putting some pick's of his pred up once he gets it back. I hope he enters it into the quad of the month contest since he is doing so much ot his pred.

Keep and eye out for it you'll know which I am referring too when you see it.

3x440ex
08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Doesn't a z400 have about 31 hp? I thought the 450r had around 37ish, but that's why i asked because i wasn't sure. I have freind (twisted) who has a 450r with the hrc cam and full exhuast and he can hang with just about any yfz out there in drag races. i raced him with my 416, witch i thought had about 36 hp, and he had me by at least 12 quad lengths.

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
According to the title I have for my 450r I have 43.4HP before I added my cam or my pipe, but I know thats at the crank like the 400ex's 28hp is at the crank as well.

Pappy
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I had been asking this question to a few engine builders and 2 different people that dyno quads. all have said between 32~34 at the rear wheels. I have since seen dyno charts that showed one as high as 36. I geuss different areas of the country (elevation, air temp @test time etc) could come into play as to why there are differences.

mine with a rossier full system pulled 39+ saturday in hot humid air. i would say with hrc kit and a cam it should be over 40 with no problems.

maybe one of the engine heads can elaborate or even post some dyno charts from a few quads with the same set up as you have.

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah I been told that and dont forget breakin, that has alot to do with 3-4 hp differences. From what im told anyways.

Pappy
08-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I was thinking of break-in this morning driving to work:p I also have heard that sometimes it can mean the difference between a few hp as you stated. I guess that could also add to the differences from quad to quad also. It all adds up thats for sure.

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Wish I could find a local dino that is reputable here in CT. I really want to know what im getting. My freinds predator is about 50hp according to Nicolous cycles. He just had them build his engine top to bottom, but he stuck with stock bore and stroke. He did this cause I was beating him so badly off the line.

Now if only I can handle as well as his does to hang with him on his track. Since I widened I could hang with him pretty good, now he has motor work and im getting my shocks revalved so it aught to be fun the next time we're out riding.

Pappy
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
once you get the derisi rebuilds on, it will handle like its on rails. we have been very very happy with ours on our yfz.

you will be surprised how much more speed you can carry thru turns and how fastest doesnt always mean the fella with the most power:p

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I can beleive that since I still hang with his pred before he did motor work, even on my 416ex, thanks to the lone star's and elka's

Just a side note here, most people that ride with me think im nuts. I been riding for years, but cant get a drivers license cause im legally blind if you can believe it. My good eye has 20/200 vision.

Now I need to find handycap #plates :)

benwa450r
08-23-2005, 08:11 PM
The Predator probably has more horsepower...bigger engine but it has to pull alot more weight. Horsepower to weight ratio is why you can beat the Predator. Nothing against Polaris... it's just a heavy bike.:)

Pappy
08-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by benwa450r
The Predator probably has more horsepower...bigger engine but it has to pull alot more weight. Horsepower to weight ratio is why you can beat the Predator. Nothing against Polaris... it's just a heavy bike.:)

thats cool and all, but the polaris is handing him his arse:D (he just cant see it..lmao)
:blah:

MAD450r
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
The reason I cant see the polaris is there's no rear view mirror on my 450r :)

hawiianpwr
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
You have a rear view mirror on your 450r!:D