PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Black Water?

300ex_ryda
08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Have any of you old school ATVers see the Black Water compotion? They are quit the races! I seen a video when i was about 13 (im 19 now) and man are they ever sweet!!. If anyone could find a video or a link to a site with videos that would be great! I would love to see one again!

DEAL
08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
You race and your from ns?

cletusEX
08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I have the Blackwater Forever DVD's. You should be able to find them on the internet. It is 2 dvd's and covers 1990-1993 plus a lot of bonus footage, I think it is like 5 hours of footage (both quad and bikes). I also race with a few guys that ran them in the early nineties. Some crazy stories.

Scott-300ex
08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
you mean the muddy race? where you drive threw lakes and stuff?

i saw stuff on that a lot when i was like 13 too, im 18 now

as a matter a fact, i was just readin more about it in like our old dirt wheels mags from like 1989

i remember that lake then the big hill nobody could make it up the most

i guess thats what your talkin aboot

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I rem that to. Is that the one that was in west va.

FoxRacing81
08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I got a VHS of the 91 and part of the 92 race I think...pretty awesome....I wish that track was still open....how sweet would it be for Ballance and Borich to duke it out there today?

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh ya i seen the videos in a a few month old dirt wheels i was reading a few days ago the was like 5 diff ones i'll c and holla back.

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
They still got some blackwater vidoes down at a local movie place i kno 4 rent. Ima go buy them 4 like 2 dollars a each.

RAPTOR80RACR990
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 400exmatt
I rem that to. Is that the one that was in west va.
Yup, that was the race in West Virginia.

RAPTOR80RACR990
08-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I got my BlackWater DVD set down at our local race shop. It comes with two DVD's and bonus footage. It was an awsome race!:D

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Yep me and my dad and my sis was there and after we couldnt find a motel so we slept in the truck i was very young though. I live in wv but i still love the vids.

RAPTOR80RACR990
08-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey 400exmatt I just relized ur from West Virginia. What part of West Virginia are you from?

KWAD GAWD
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Blackwater was a cross country race, I'm not sure if it was considered a GNCC or not?? Last year they ran it was in 1993. It was a huge party - they used to have the National Guard there to keep the peace. Took place in Davis, WV at Blackwater Falls put on by Racer Productons - the track was 100 Miles "Blackwater 100" four 25 mile laps. It was insane because there were like 20,000 spectators every year and people would get killed and run over because it was a huge booze-fest. I went in '93 with my parents and my aunt and uncle when I was 15. I have home video. I think Barry Hawk won, it was sick. Boobs everywhere! No teeth, but plenty of boobs!

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
It was held in canaan valley.

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh ya and im from sophia close to beckley like 5 miles.

RAPTOR80RACR990
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Do you race any races in West Virginia 400exmatt like the Mid-Atlantics Hare Scrambles or Koontz adventures or any kind of racing?

400exmatt
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I did last year in logan down at rollingt thunder race park They have a site its rollingthunderracepark.com I was goin to but i flipped my utility on top of me and broke my arm and couldnt, but i get it off in less then 2 weeks so i will then.

400exmatt
08-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Any 1 still want to know where to buy the dvd set. heres a link. there is only one availible. http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKWATER-FOREVER-5-HOUR-QUAD-ATV-DVD-sports-dvds_W0QQitemZ6426435288QQcategoryZ617QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CBRSLIDER
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
i went to the race in 90 and 91. best time I have ever had at a race. the highway 93 creek crossing was a blast. we spent both sat and sun there helping bikes and quads up the hill. before the racers would get to the crossing the spectators would be down in the creek trying to climb the banks on and in anything they had with them. ie trucks, buggys, quads, and bikes. watched a sweet chevy all jacked up hit the bank on the opposite side of the creek so hard that it blew the beauty rings off his rims. my brother and i helped tommy norton get his ktm 125 up the bank. he was beggin for our help and we were like y are u in such a hurry on a 125. he said he was leading and we were like whatever. sure enough he won that year. my brother ended up in dirtwheels pics of the race.

the best part of the race besides the actual race was the campground. i saw more t&a there than at any concert I've ever gone too. there was a mud pit in the middle of the campground and i watched everything try to get across it. watched a brand spanky new toyota tk with the mirage package hit it with such force that when they tried to skirt the worst mud by hitting the grass patch in the center, they hit a rock or piece of cement. they completely tore the whole driver side rim, steering, and 4wheel drive off it. what a riot of a time.

I just threw out my last blackwater tank top. was a tie-dyed shirt with "americas toughest race" on the back. wish the eco-freaks wouldn't have shut it down.

ray

BlasterRacer26
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
I also have the blackwater forever DVD, out of all places I got mine at auto zone..lol But it looked like an AWSOME race, wish they still had it so I could see it in person.

Teufel
08-27-2005, 09:36 AM
The Blackwater 100 was the Grand Daddy of the GNCC. It was one of Dave Coombs great creations. The GNCC series grew from the event and was on the Gncc schedule it was touted as the "Father's day Massacre" as it was held on fathers day each year.

The race origionally started on main street and entered the 25mile track and connected on a back street of town. The Quads and 3 wheelers(until they were banned) ran 2 laps and the Bikes ran 4 laps.

It was an awesome event for racers and spectator alike. The property was open to the public year round, unfortunately not only did they stop the race but all use of the property with the exception of hiking/ foot traffic.

If you have ever seen picture of the 93 river crossing during the race you would never believe what it looks like toda.......

Teufel

SRH
08-27-2005, 09:58 AM
i got all the black water vhs's about 5 or 6 of them , i wish i could go back in time and go to that

bigbadbrad
08-27-2005, 11:15 AM
My godfather used to race hare scrambels and cross country races in the early 90's and last time i was at his place i noticed he had a couple of plauqes for the blackwater races. HE finished the race on bike both of the times he entered it. he was a pretty god racer back in the day, he was sponsered by Manchester Honda at the same time mcgrath was, but mcgrath was for mx and supercross, and my godfather was for off road and enduro and hare scrambles,(this was before gncc)

woodsman250r
12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
One of my buddies has a lot of home videos of from the race and from the campgrounds. The river crossing and the moon rocks going up the hil is crazy. There are hilljacks all over the place just waiting to push an ATV up the hill. The campgrounds were the best tho, there is one part from the giant mudpit where some guy tries to cross on his utility and gets stuck, then after he got off and tires pushing the people in the crowd start throwing M-80's in at him. I def. wish that all the hippies would learn to shut up and quit ruining things for other people. That placed def. looked like the race to be at if you wanted to party and see racers battle it out.

Jake250ex
12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
blackwater = mulletfest