PDA

View Full Version : need help engine problem

hondajoe05
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
well i jus got my 400 back friday i had to get it bored to a 407 i have rode it about 5 hours maybe total since then jus like an hour the first day and about 10 mins or so the second day and about 4 or so hours yesterday i don't beleavie i have had it even above forth gear cuz i was basically jus doing some easy trail riding

at first i could hear like the piston scraping maybe? i think but it wasn't to loud jus barely a little nosie you had to consentrate to even notice it

but today its quiet a bit louder and real easy notice now i dunno if its the piston scraping or wat and i have noticed it is kinda useaing more oil than it should be its a noticeable amount missing after i ride it i am running 20-50 oil right now that might be not thick enough cuz its been kinda hot lately

i dunno it doesn't sound to good and the oil missing is a bad thing i jus changed the oil sunday before i went riding also

ne help?? or ne questions cuz i really need it
:confused:

2004exrider
08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
im gonna have to say you should deffinitely take it back to the shop that did it for you. sounds like they messed up along the way somewhere, is it puffing blue smoke or anything?

jimmy

hondajoe05
08-22-2005, 07:46 PM
no smoke at all maybe the middle ring fell off and is rattling between the others?

hondajoe05
08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
ne one else?

zeppelin
08-24-2005, 05:35 PM
deffinetly tear it back down to see whats up i cant beleive its not smoking, are you sure the noise is coming from inside the top end

FoxMxRiders
08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
like they others said that sound not good.Come back to the shop that did the mods for you

jak1389
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
well you shouldnt have rode it that long in the 1st place. thats a good way to over heat it easily. since there is alot of friction going on during the break-in it gets alot hotter faster. also its normal to burn oil during break-in.

hondajoe05
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
i figured out it wasn't the engine that was even making the nosie its some pump deal but the guy said it isnt tearing ne thing up making that nosie

bwamos
08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by hondajoe05
i figured out it wasn't the engine that was even making the nosie its some pump deal but the guy said it isnt tearing ne thing up making that nosie

Pump???
Oil pump going bad???
Not tearing anyhting up???
Bad oil pump will tear a LOT up. :eek:

hondajoe05
08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
not the oil pump its not really a pump i jus didn't no wat else to call it

mikeboone
08-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by hondajoe05
not the oil pump its not really a pump i jus didn't no wat else to call it

Didnt you ask any questions? If the sleeve wasent bord to proper specs you will ruin both piston and sleeve. There should be no scraping noises even after top end rebuild.

You didnt carry it to a truck stop repair center did you?