PDA

View Full Version : Which would you go to??

fasterblaster09
08-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Well I've been thinking about what im gonan do after high school.I know im gonig to college,but was thinking of going to the service first,to help with college.I dont know much about it,but if you had to choose,which would it be between:Navy,military,army,marines,or air force,etc.

And please leave what and why you chose what you did.
Thanx Neil

Hondadudeehhhh
08-22-2005, 05:49 PM
im going to the army, seems like it has the most oppertunities besides sticking with the military for the rest of my life.

Pappy
08-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
im going to the army, seems like it has the most oppertunities besides sticking with the military for the rest of my life.

id look into the air force if your going to go career.

no matter what branch you choose, dont expect to not see duty in the middle east. if that thought bothers you, hang up the idea of being in the service.

Hondadudeehhhh
08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
there are soldiers all over the world right now and thats what the problem is with the middle east thing. Im guessing he's graduating in 2009 so by that time the middle east thing may have calmed down and we'll be in a fight with someone else :scary:

wilkin250r
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
The air-force seems to have the best accomodations, and shortest basic training. They value intellect over brute force, but at the same time, they are also looked upon as the pansies of the military.

The Army will make a man out of you. It will also make an idiot out of you. Thinking is NOT allowed in the Army.

The Marines seems to have the best combination of "bad-***" and high-tech, but you don't want to go into the Marines unless you're serious. You can get away with half-*** in the Army, and even in the Air Force. The Marines don't look too kindly on half-***.

And, I'll echo Pappy. If you sign up for anything, expect to be shipped over...

fasterblaster09
08-22-2005, 06:02 PM
^^ Yes he's right,i'm graduating in 2009.Im not looking for a career,just for something that will help me out with college,and was looking for opions on all.

Pappy
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
^^ Yes he's right,i'm graduating in 2009.Im not looking for a career,just for something that will help me out with college,and was looking for opions on all.

you will change your mind 20 times before you graduate. worry about that cute chick in history class for now:cool:

cotttonwoody
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
I am in the air force now, I got 2 years left and I am going to start college part time and finish after I get out. Plus I get up to $36,000 for school when I get out. O yea going to college while ur in is free. Air force is probley the best if u want to go to school. Since I am at a base that has nukes i dont deploy which is also good for school. Air force is the only branch which u get college credits for ur training.

jak1389
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
yea man air force is a good way to go. once you get out of it, you can fly the freindly skys.

tater_kamik
08-23-2005, 03:14 AM
trust me when i say air force, im in the af now, and i have a bunch of friends that are in all of the branches. i will tell you this, shorter tours overseas, much more laid back, a/c everywhere you go, get to fly in our own stuff, great tdy's to everywhere, just way too much too list!! unless you want to be a bullet sponge...

GoOn3
08-23-2005, 03:41 AM
if you fear not being successful in life, join the military. They hopefully will give you skills to be successful, if you don't get killed first. Think North Korea, China....many other places we will be at war with than the "middle east".

slamdak8782
08-23-2005, 04:43 AM
I would say go to college but if you just can't decide the military would do that for you. Im in the AF with tater we actually know each other. Personally I think its good for you but also it will challenge you and there is no turning back it will either make you or break you. I think that what somebuddy is made of isn't changed by the military. It is only awakened by the challenges that rise from it. You can make a life here but sometimes its hard as hell. I'm just telling you life isn't as easy as I thought Iknow I really have changed a lot since I've been in. Iwouldn't trade the experience but the road isn't straight in the military. Be prepared to be owned in ways you never thought possible but the changes it will make in you if you make it will change your life. Lastly mmake your own choices dont let others influence you because only you have to live with your decisions.

tater_kamik
08-23-2005, 06:06 AM
thats right you will be owned, owned by me! waahaa! aint that right tom? slamdak is my ****** and he knows it. gotta admit, good advice tom, and for once you sounded smart! jk:p

fasterblaster09
08-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Ok Thanks guys for all the input.I just needed other opinions.

thanks neil