PDA

View Full Version : throttle?

BrandonBlackmon
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I have an 89 250r and it runs great, very strong engine, but when I jump a hill or get ruff w/ it, the throttle gets stuck wide open. It is not getting stuck at the thumb its in the carb. I have rerouted the cable, took the carb completely apart and cleaned everything, looked at the throttle cable for snags, and I can't figure out what's causing the problem. It never gets stuck unless I am jumping, etc. Do any of u have any suggestions?

dober250R
08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
change the spring that sits on top of the slide. Mine was doing the same thing.........

86-250Rnut
08-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Try spaying it really good with carb cleaner and lube up the cable good with wd-40 really good. and do what dober said.

BrandonBlackmon
08-24-2005, 12:16 PM
thanks

wilkin250r
08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
That sounds like a scary situation to be in. I know my engine has enough power that if I was stuck WOT, I could find myself in deep trouble real quick.

I'd look into a new carb and cable. That's scary.

quadrcr161
08-24-2005, 01:21 PM
brandon, when did you get your R? i saw one this weekend setting in someones yard with grass growning up around it, we are probably going back and try to buy it. i dont need another one, not even riding the ones i have now but no reason to let one ruin in a yard next to a trailer.

i would replace your cable and rerun it and make sure nothing binds, then i would look at the slide to see if t here is any marks on it. if not i would replace the spring. i know several people that would trim the spring to make it easier to push but sometimes they would cut it too much. check the spring and the cable since they would be chearer to replace if there isnt any marks on the carb slide.

if you get a chance the AL ATV only series starts up again this weekend at warrior. should be a big crowd. if you want directions just let me know. ill be up there with my robo boot and broken ankle.