PDA

View Full Version : worth cuttin an exhaust???

red03400
08-22-2005, 10:28 AM
i put the post out about cutting my yoshi exhaust down.....and now was wondering is it worth cutting it down...like is there a major low end power gain....or not noticable....and if so do you have to re jet your carb or mess w/ the fuel/air screw...thanks

Trevor
08-22-2005, 10:38 AM
?

08-22-2005, 10:59 AM
if your riding super/arena cross maybe,but for outdoormx,no.

lonestar13r
08-23-2005, 07:03 PM
my yosh E-lll is 9'' .i choped off 4 1/2'' ,,, mainly for looks and sounds alittle ballsyer... not really a power difference... shortys look decent imo. -Ethan

Iliketogofast
08-25-2005, 06:48 AM
!? You can chop a pipe in half!? Anybody have pics of this? I've never seen it.

lonestar13r
08-25-2005, 02:52 PM
i'll send pics as soon as my g/f can lone me her cam...and ya you preety much can do w/e you want lol.. i no with yosh E-lll are strait through w/packing... so i just shortend it to 9'' long. i took the yosh badge off the side and polished it to a mirror finish , its nice , my end cap is pounded in with a dead blow hammer , its held for a long time, so no screaws going into the side of the can holding it .. looks sharp, and sounds good to. i'll post pics here asap.

red03400
08-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by lonestar13r
my yosh E-lll is 9'' .i choped off 4 1/2'' ,,, mainly for looks and sounds alittle ballsyer... not really a power difference... shortys look decent imo. -Ethan
Did you have to re jet it???? and also does the end cap get pushed out because of the back pressure since theres no screws??/ thanks

zeppelin
08-26-2005, 08:33 PM
do not do it, you will actualy lose power, the yoshi exhaust have a very large core, and if you cut them down you will just get louder and loose low end because of almost no back pressure, but if you really wanna f up a $700 exhaust just so ittle look better go ahead, i warned you though

lonestar13r
08-26-2005, 09:39 PM
not trying to start a war or anything, but like i said above,,, power didn't differ, no more, no less.... i personally think shortys are cool , and specialy home made deals... the end cap hasn't budged,, as tight as mine was putting back in , its not going any where ... my 700$ pipe came with quad and was dented to hell and back ,,looks like some one played baseball with it, it might have been a pricey pipe, but mine was probally worth ,,, 50 bux... so it didn't bother me much buy choping it.... you can buy a silencer , mid and head pipe for 700 ,,, the silencer is all you touch , so head pipe and mid arn't in the deal of cutting.... if anything, your "ruining" a 280.00 silencer .. but like i said , mine was sad looking, i wouldn't have done it to a nice lookn pipe,, i choped it and polished it to a chrome shine,, imo it looks trick as anything. if your end cap pops out, no big deal, drill the 4 holes in the can and put screws in, thats all. still waiting on pics..

lonestar13r
08-26-2005, 09:44 PM
red03400... jetting i didn't touch and it runs no different. it all comes down to this.. looks and sounds alittle throatyer.. ,, mines 9''.. i took away 4 1/2'' .. i mean if you take it down to like 6'' or somthing crazy, it mite start acting up. 9'' looks plenty shorty.. -Ethan

Nospowered400
02-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I did mine last night because a jackass rearended me a good while back. I accidentally cut the core to short by about an inch or so. Overall I am pleased with the way it looks. Havent fired it up cause the batt is dead from my last ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Indy96/4997b401.jpg

h400exrydr
02-11-2006, 05:41 PM
here is mine, i love this pipe, but i sold the EX so yea. i would do it, it makes it really loud, but not the over loud, a really good sounding loud. good luck