PDA

View Full Version : **Pleaes help! Leaving for nationals!!**

cody anderson
08-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a 2004 YFZ450 with a Baldwin MX motor... I'm leaving on Weds for the nationals and the motor has a problem! I need help! Here's what's going on...

When I hold it wide open, it should bounce off the rev limiter really fast, it sounds like it's missing, or like it's only turning half the RPM's when wide open that it should. That and it's lacking bottom end.

Here's what I've checked so far...

Coil
Gas (water, ect.)
different pipes
CDI
connections for water
spark plug

Any ideas? Help me please!

EvilJester400EX
08-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Do you have a cut wiring harness?

YamaWarr0121
08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
what national are you going to? lol the TT one?

i'd ask the same ?'s, but check out the voltage that your stator is putting out, it seems that it could be shot and only giving your quad the power to rev halfway, used to happen to my bike a lot..

Fred55
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
I have a 2004 YFZ450 with a Baldwin MX motor... I'm leaving on Weds for the nationals and the motor has a problem! I need help! Here's what's going on...

When I hold it wide open, it should bounce off the rev limiter really fast, it sounds like it's missing, or like it's only turning half the RPM's when wide open that it should. That and it's lacking bottom end.

Here's what I've checked so far...

Coil
Gas (water, ect.)
different pipes
CDI
connections for water
spark plug

Any ideas? Help me please!

mine does the same thing when revving it, does anybody know the answer? the only thing ive done to the electrical system is cut and splice together the throttle wires, i added a honda throttle.

cody anderson
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I'm going to the TT nationals. I REALLY don't want to race a stock motor in the pro and pro/am classes! I'll get smoked!

The wiring harness is a Lost Creek Cycles one. They are the bomb! It's brand new too...

SRH
08-22-2005, 03:17 PM
check the valves.....

tido450
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
the only thing i can think of is it being the tors. mine would stall everytime i let the clutch out when i would hit the gas. i kno it sounds like a totally different issue but maybe its the tors

SRH
08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by tido450
the only thing i can think of is it being the tors. mine would stall everytime i let the clutch out when i would hit the gas. i kno it sounds like a totally different issue but maybe its the tors

i think he has that removed...almost positive, id check the valves or if you have a pro design tether unplug it

EvilJester400EX
08-22-2005, 03:35 PM
If he has a wiring harness then the TORS has already been removed.

BSTURDIVANT
08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Battery voltage will cause the same problem! Change batteries and try again. We had the same problem- went to YTZ10S Yuasa battery and cured the problem. Quad would be fine until the fan came on.
YTZ10S battery is wider and you have to cut the tool tray out behind the battery.

DUNEZRUNNER
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Check and see if it has an intake leak. I had a banshee with the same problem and it ended up being an intake leak between the reed spacers. I would check and see if your carb is on right and that the clamp is tight with a good seal and the check the other end of the manifold and make sure there are no gaps or anything. Spraying carb cleaner or starting fluid on the area while the engine is running helps to see if you have a leak there cause the engine will suck the cleaner through any areas and then either rev up or die.

Thomas

gwadabanshee
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
i would like to know who s the fastest between a stock 450 n a banshee wid fmf .plz be honest kaz my friend would like to race me for money

YamaWarr0121
08-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by gwadabanshee
i would like to know who s the fastest between a stock 450 n a banshee wid fmf .plz be honest kaz my friend would like to race me for money

? wid? what? lol

create your own new thread in the open forum, oh wait nevermind don't even waste your time..

:rolleyes: :confused:

foutrax42
08-25-2005, 08:34 PM
i doubt this is the problem.. but if u have a platnium spark plug in it and not a normal like ngk... that might be the problem.. i see that all the time at work..

jlhughes750
08-26-2005, 07:46 AM
What did u just do to it????? I mean did u just have it apart, or torn down, is this motor your regular setup??? was it fine last week and now this for no reason??? Was it just put together and has not run right YET????

If it idles fine and dies when u touch the gas... and u just built it or had it stripped down, then its the wire coming out of the throttle not hooked up?