PDA

View Full Version : banshee pulls to one side!?!?!

own3d
08-21-2005, 10:10 PM
hey all, im a proud owner of a 1998 limited edition shee. iv noticed that it likes to pull to one side. iv checked the tire presure to make sure there even but it still doesnt help. i cant seem to get her to track stright. im pritty sure the bars are bent so i dont know if that has something to do with it. any suggestions?

bwamos
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Check your tie rod adjustments.

Take a ruler to them and make sure the distance between the nuts on both ends is the same on both tie rods.

Basically make sure one side isn't 10.0" and the other is 9.5" ;)

After that.. if your caster camber adjustable make sure both sides are adjusted identical.

And obviously make sure a rotor isn't warped or a brake dragging.

b4e2r0t
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
do what bwamos said, if you dont find a problem there look and see if one of your tires are slipping on the rim, i have had that happen befor and it was pulling to one side, banshees turn some horsepower, GG beedlocks. weeeeeeeee!

ridin4life05
09-02-2005, 04:05 PM
maybe the tierod is bent or maybe if the treads are a little different than the others. i really dont know what to tell you. my 250x pulled to the right but its my tread and my air pressure

LTandRaptorider
09-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Also check to make sure your chain adjustment is ok. The rear axle may not be straight if the chain adjusters aren't even... causing the axle to be "cocked". ;)

Aallron
09-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Verify the air pressure in the rear tires are the same first then get the rear of the bike off of the ground and measure with a tape measure the outside diameter (rolling) of each tire... you will find that one tires rolling diameter is larger than the other. Swap the rears from side to side and see if the pull follows the tire rotation.