PDA

View Full Version : frame twisted

300ex mxracer
08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
my last race i landed the finish line tabletop and snapped a tie-rod. i thought nothing off it and just got another one. but then i getr it put back togetherand my left tire has almost no negitive camber and the left set of a-arms are more horizontal than the right set.i have a diamondjcustoms+6 kit with 400ex shocks. the shock/shocks arent blown i already switched them. when u pick it up off the ground, the right tire comes off before the left. when u look under it it looks like it is twisted to the left. could breaking a tie-rod(aluminum) and having the wheel turn sideways and stopping very quickly twisted the frame? it was fine before this happened.

Pappy
08-27-2005, 08:09 AM
unless you flipped the quad hard id doubt a tie rod will twist a frame.

other things could be the reason behind the one tire lifting beofre the other, worn bushings in the arm, shock issue on that side etc.

300ex mxracer
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
well i discovered that my frame is twisted, diamondjcustoms kit is junk, and i gotta buy a new frame.

Jingle #11
08-28-2005, 09:08 AM
i dont think that it would bend the frame before it borke. usually one of the mounts breaks. Id look at it a little closer before u drop the money on a new frame.

300ex mxracer
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
what mounts? i have went over it 5 times and nothing is broken and the frame looking under it is twisted to the left.

Jingle #11
08-29-2005, 07:57 PM
like the a-arm mounts or what ever it hooks up to.