PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of Carb is the best

USAF Dirtboy
08-21-2005, 09:18 PM
I was planning on putting a new Carb on my 400ex, and need to know what kind aof carb i should getI want to put something on that will go with a high comp piston, and a hotcam. And maybe while i am at port and polish the head. And also what kind of gains should i expect.

racin richard
08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by USAF Dirtboy
I was planning on putting a new Carb on my 400ex, and need to know what kind aof carb i should getI want to put something on that will go with a high comp piston, and a hotcam. And maybe while i am at port and polish the head. And also what kind of gains should i expect.
edelbrock is the best i put it on my 440 and you wouldn't believe the difference it made. ex[ect 5-10 horse power increase!!!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-22-2005, 10:01 AM
I have used the FCR and the edlebrock both are great carbs, I prefer the 39mm FCR.

ExQuAd07
08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
where can you find aftermarket parts for 250ex.
And parts that will make it go faster.
What is the best tires for a 250ex.Where can i find maier fenders for a 250ex.

zeppelin
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by racin richard
edelbrock is the best i put it on my 440 and you wouldn't believe the difference it made. ex[ect 5-10 horse power increase!!!

your joking right not only are eldebrock carbs crappy for quads, but i doubt youll ever see much more than a 2hp increase from a carb

REBEL OUTLAW
08-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ExQuAd07
where can you find aftermarket parts for 250ex.
And parts that will make it go faster.
What is the best tires for a 250ex.Where can i find maier fenders for a 250ex.

dude if i was you i would get a k@n air filter, a dyno jet kit, front and back sprockets, and a pipe if you have'nt already..and don't get maier fenders they suck...;) talk back to me...

400exmatt
08-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Get fullbore plastic there sick

hawiianpwr
08-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Edelbrock carbs are not crap! They are very touchy, the only problem I ran into was that I bought it used and had some wore out parts so it wasn't working right. But Colby helped me out and it runs like a champ now. Idles great and crisp throttle response. I highly recommend it, it is very easy to tune once you got it close because you dont ave to worry about changing jets, just turn the dial on top.

zeppelin
08-23-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by hawiianpwr
Edelbrock carbs are not crap! They are very touchy, the only problem I ran into was that I bought it used and had some wore out parts so it wasn't working right. But Colby helped me out and it runs like a champ now. Idles great and crisp throttle response. I highly recommend it, it is very easy to tune once you got it close because you dont ave to worry about changing jets, just turn the dial on top.

yeah thats what i heard, they were really touchy when trying to jet them, and stuff, but if you got it to work then forget my last statement

ExQuAd07 no one makes aftermarket fenders for your bike

REBEL OUTLAW there are no sprokets on the 250ex :huh

Mobile Dyno
08-23-2005, 05:35 AM
I put a 450r carb on my 440ex. I love it. Awesome power. 42mm and $170. I posted the pics and graphs of in the 400ex section. Do a search.

rob-u/21
08-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I have an eichner series on my 440 and I think it works really good. It is true that they are very sensible to adjustments. I would like to test my quad with an FCR though, every one seems to preffer FCR over everything else. I just dont want spend all that money if the performance increase is not that great.

MarkyNark
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Ive had the FCR and the Edelbrock. I prefer the Edelbrock. I think the FCR does better on top, but the Edelbrock does better in the bottom and mid.

F-16Guy
08-23-2005, 10:42 AM
With the mods you have now, a piston, cam, and carb will make a night and day difference. I'm personally thinking about trying the 450r carb because of the price. I'm having a hard time with paying $400-$500 for a carburetor. I think any of the aftermarket carbs will be a big improvement. Like every other mod out there, it really comes down to personal preference and what suits your riding style. You must be at Tyndall, huh? I've been there a couple of times for Patriot Archer, or whatever that is down there. Pretty fun town.

USAF Dirtboy
08-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Actually i am at hurlburt field....i hate the tourists lol