PDA

View Full Version : I made a good find yesterday

initall
08-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Let me start by saying I AM NOT A GARBAGE PICKER...

I was helping a friend dump some building scraps at the dump. There was a guy looking to throw away Atv rims with tires on them. The worker said to put them by one of the dumpsters. So i went over to take a look at them. They were a set of douglas blue labels with sand devil paddels on them. The rims are in real good condition. I did check the tires they hold air and very little wear on the tires. I tested the paddels in the mud by roosting my neighbor real good. I still wonder why he threw them out.

Good find anyway

Hon300ex
08-21-2005, 06:49 PM
make sure there isnt a bomb in them...

maybe there stolen:confused:

DH400EX
08-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Lucky Find. I was there a few weeks ago helpin my friend throw off some stuff after he cleaned out his building and i found a good sub box. Not as good as a find as yours but it was good for me.

Hon300ex
08-21-2005, 06:55 PM
hunt him down and ask him it would drive me crazy not to know why he threw them out

MR.BIG
08-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Maybe he doesn't have a quad anymore.

chucked
08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
My work does service for a trash dristribution center. One time one of the workers found a brand new pressure washer, in the box, 5.5 hp honda engine. Only thing wrong with it was a bent rim.

Warnerade
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
garbage picker

400exrules
08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by chucked
My work does service for a trash dristribution center. One time one of the workers found a brand new pressure washer, in the box, 5.5 hp honda engine. Only thing wrong with it was a bent rim.

a few years back a trashman found a fast food cup in the trash and it was one of those contests where you peel the stickers off the drink cup and win money, tv's, dvd's, cars, etc, and it wasnt peeled off so he peeled it and he won a million bucks

450r51
08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
i calll bs on that one^^^^

SGA
08-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
garbage picker
Im not a garbage picker per say, but ive found all kinds of good stuff when people are moving and they pile it out in front of thier house. Plus when moneys tight, whos choosey? Ive found tables, chairs, vacuums, stereos, etc. As long as its clean and usable, im down.
I drive right past the ghetto homes, all they have is junk.

Also if you have the time garage sales are great for furnishing a house.
Ok ok I guess im a garbage picker always looking for the "big" find:ermm: :D

08-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Im not a garbage picker per say, but ive found all kinds of good stuff when people are moving and they pile it out in front of thier house. Plus when moneys tight, whos choosey? Ive found tables, chairs, vacuums, stereos, etc. As long as its clean and usable, im down.

Ok ok I guess im a garbage picker always looking for the "big" find:ermm: :D one mans trash......

SGA
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
one mans trash......
Is usually another mans trash:o

Its rare to find good stuff for free

Warnerade
08-23-2005, 04:35 AM
i was kidding SGA:o

insaneracin2003
08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
i have been to a gorage sale once a few years back and in my neighborhood they have them every weekend,well about3 months ago they had one rite down the street from me and i said what the heck,ill do a drive by.as i rolled pass i see a 300ex with no motor,weathered pretty good so i stopped and asked how much,the lady said "i wanted 50 dollars a few weeks ago,but ill take 20 for it".i said .ill be back.got the ramps from the house,threw it in the back of the truck,paid the lady and now i have a new project quad....no chit.

400exrules
08-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
i have been to a gorage sale once a few years back and in my neighborhood they have them every weekend,well about3 months ago they had one rite down the street from me and i said what the heck,ill do a drive by.as i rolled pass i see a 300ex with no motor,weathered pretty good so i stopped and asked how much,the lady said "i wanted 50 dollars a few weeks ago,but ill take 20 for it".i said .ill be back.got the ramps from the house,threw it in the back of the truck,paid the lady and now i have a new project quad....no chit.

lmfao yah, u can find anything cheap as hell if u find the right person who doesnt know what their sellin

MXcutie
08-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SGA

Ok ok I guess im a garbage picker always looking for the "big" find:ermm: :D

When my dad use to work for a larger company before starting his own and the PSU students were moving out of their dorms or houses and he was workin there he would always come home with things that looked brand new... like couches, chairs, tables, whatever they couldnt fit in their cars to go home with they just threw it out... hell i think half of our camp is furnished by PSU students...lol

exboy
08-25-2005, 07:00 AM
hey initial post some pics of them

initall
08-25-2005, 08:53 AM
i will tonight

Lolli2
08-25-2005, 11:54 PM
A guy at works Uncle does some kind of electrical work. Anyway, he needed some special type of boots for one job they were doing so someone told him just to go to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and pick a pair up. So he goes to the Salvation Army, tries one boot on, they fit, he buys them and goes home. He gets up the next morning for work and can't get his foot into the other one. He reaches inside and there was $3,000 rolled up with a rubber band around it. Someone must have died or something and someone else must have given their stuff to the Salvation Army.
Gotta go, think I need some boots, lol.

Oh yeah, the Uncle's friend went to the Salvation Army the next day and went through all the shoes and pockets of just about all the clothing in the place. I guess they thought he was nutz! LOL

JRDrider22
08-26-2005, 08:15 AM
"One mans trash, is another mans treasure"

nah but i know where your coming from. the cable guy came out the other day and i looked in the back on his truck and there was a set of holeshots on some rims. looked pretty beat up but you think he cares. he told me he picked them from the trash too from bulk. amazing what people throw out.

exboy
08-27-2005, 02:22 PM
how bout them pics?

knighttime
08-27-2005, 05:09 PM
and I know for a fact that sometimes chain businesses like true value or walmart dispose of perfectly good items in the garbage. they have to because no one bought it:rolleyes: and they cant just give it away, lol :eek2:

initall
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
pics