PDA

View Full Version : Alumenum Wheels Garbage

Sjorge450R
08-21-2005, 05:12 PM
I posted this in body to. When I bought my 300ex the guy never took care of the Douglas Red Sticker wheels so now they have what looks like hard water spots. I tried waxing with muti step wax and I also tried pressure washing. What should I do. Thanks
Steve

86-250Rnut
08-22-2005, 02:19 PM
1500 grit sand paper then use mothers mag polish with the buff ball. make it look really nice:blah:
Mitch:macho

01 400EXer
08-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I think you can skip the sandpaper and go straight to polishing. Like he said in the previous reply use the MOTHERS aluminum polish.

NJ honda
08-27-2005, 11:29 PM
i use never dull on my douglas rims make them come right back to shine even after like 50washes and a mud trip in between

PismoLocal
09-14-2005, 12:36 PM
turtle wax rubbing compound, its an abrassive rub that is made to remove swirls and waterspots. my tahoe sat for a year outside without me washing it and i rubbed off the water spots and it only took me 6 hours for the whole truck.

Sjorge450R
09-15-2005, 07:33 PM
i just want to let you all know that i got my wheels looking almost brand new in one coat of mothers mag and aluminum polish. All i used was two rages, one for wiping and another for applying. Thanks For the help.

jeepnrocks
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
yep exactly waht these guys said. The more time you spend on them the better they will look. If they are really rough with some scratches and stuff you may want to start with a lower grit and work your way up. You can also get a polishing wheel pretty cheap at most local hardware stores. It should fit right into your drill then you can polish the wheels to a super shiny finish.
I got a polishing kit off of ebay with a few different attachments. I cant remember who had it but if you search for aluminum polish kit or variations you should turn something up..
mike