PDA

View Full Version : Looking for riding in Colorady

dle52
08-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Looking for riding areas in Colorado, near Denver. I know the BLM sites have info, but want some good riding and need to know. Any suggestions? Also need to know what jetting to use while I am there since it is a mile high! Running a White Bros E-series with head pipe, K&N Filter (open air box) and 155 main with stock pilot.

COLO400EX
10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
been here in colo spgs (6000ft or so) for 6 years. my 400ex came stock w/ a 148 jet. all i did was step down to a 142 jet and have never fouled a plug since. we ride mostly at 8000-11000 ft. My wife and also my brother have the same bikes with the same 142 jet. Our bikes are pretty stock though but we also noticed increased power at this high altitude
The best riding hands down was at hackett and longwater gulches before the Haymen fire destroyed them(f.s. is due to reopen them both soon eta was supposed to be 8/05). get yourself a park county and a teller county map, barnes and noble has them for a few bucks. most of the riding is up that way check out hwy 67 n from woodland park. Look for "painted rocks". also tarryall road outside of lake george.
A must have is the trail book "COLORADO BACKROADS&4WHEEL DRIVE TRAILS"

COLO400EX
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
BEEN DROOLING OVER THE WHITE BROS PIPE WITH HEADPIPE FOR A WHILE NOW. HOWS THE PERFORMANCE? NOISE?

dle52
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I would not go with any other pipe. Only problem is the noise. Living in Cali now and soon to be in the Denver area next week for four years.....the pipe exceeds the decibel laws out here. But I haven't been caught yet. At idle it's quiet, but once you crack the throttle it roars. The riding places you mentioned earlier, are they down by Colo Springs or north by Denver? I appreciate the help. My five y/o has a 50 and my wife a Yamaha Warrior and both run fine there now (in the back yard).

COLO400EX
11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
These riding places are west of colo spgs about an hour and a half drive. well worth the trip and better if you make a weekend camping trip out of it. my 3 yr old rides a honda 70 atv. my 5yr old just stepped up to a honda 200sx atv. a little big for him but he takes it easy.
from denver take I25 south to exit 184(hwy 85) go west to hwy 67 south. this will take you into Woodland park. check the maps from there.

dle52
11-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info. My wife should know where this is, she's a native. I'm a transplant from Illinois and cannot get around Denver at all right now.