PDA

View Full Version : steering damper installation ?

MOrrider
08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Just got a Denton the other day and can't figure out how it mounts to frame! Anyone have a picture of yours on the quad? The NACS racing site says air snorkle must be removed but thats all it says. Any help appreciated. This is on my 250R. Thanks ,Tery

2nd sucks
08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
i dont have any pics sorry...but the bigger larger clamp goes on the frame, then the smaller one goes on the steering stem. its not too hard, just look at it and you should be able to figure it out

MOrrider
08-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks,2nd sucks, but does your frame braket mount above the top shock mount? and did you have to remove the airbox snorkel for clearance? Terry

2nd sucks
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
while i beleive you can mount it anywhere on the steering stem- i mounted mine about in the center of the stem, and about 4-5inches below the top shock mount, it looked like a good place-lots of room for it to work properly and i didnt have to remove anything to get it to fit

i hope im helping and not just confusing you more......

MOrrider
08-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey 2nd, are you running a round tube frame?Terry

2nd sucks
08-21-2005, 07:27 PM
yea...that might be the reason things arnt sounding right to you, but let me know if you need another help. i might be able to

MOrrider
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Yea the rectangular frame does'nt give me the adjustability I need. I can rotate the frame clamp 90 degrees and make it work i think but the frame clamp slot will have to be widened up a little to fit over the frame, but i'm not sure that is how it was designed to function.