PDA

View Full Version : Thieves cut down our tree to steal 250R!

alberndt
08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Listen to this story about how stupid and cold-hearted people can be. Last week came home in the morning to find the tree in our front yard cut down with a handsaw and my buddies fully restored 250R that was for sale, was stolen. It was chained up and no one ever expected someone would think to cut down the tree, which my roommate just spent 300 bucks on earlier this year. We live in an area of about 150,000 people (Appleton,WI) and crime is low, I guess that doesn't matter any more. Well, the cops said a dirtbike was stolen in the neighborhood two weeks ago, and there were reports of two kids pushing a quad down the road the night of the incident. Well, four days later the cops found the kids RIDING THE BIKES THEY STOLE, about two blocks away. They got a disturbance call and these two idiot ***hole kids were riding them down the street. What a bunch of morons.
Anyways, keep your quad in a safe place, because anything can happen, anywhere.

Oh yeah, they didn't use bolt cutter because when they stole the dirtbike they left a pool of blood from using one. Guess they are too stupid to even operate a bolt cutter.

Warnerade
08-21-2005, 08:42 AM
last year someone stole a mint condition 250r that was for sale outside of a shop....it was found the next day...just sitting outside. the guy was riding it about 4 miles form the shop in his yard....ran out of gas and left it sit in the yard. when the cops came, he said "some black guy dropped it off and said keep it until christmas"...yet the stickers of the shop were torn off and crumbled on the floor of his garage...they were also found to be on cocaine too

400exrules
08-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by alberndt
Listen to this story about how stupid and cold-hearted people can be. Last week came home in the morning to find the tree in our front yard cut down with a handsaw and my buddies fully restored 250R that was for sale, was stolen. It was chained up and no one ever expected someone would think to cut down the tree, which my roommate just spent 300 bucks on earlier this year. We live in an area of about 150,000 people (Appleton,WI) and crime is low, I guess that doesn't matter any more. Well, the cops said a dirtbike was stolen in the neighborhood two weeks ago, and there were reports of two kids pushing a quad down the road the night of the incident. Well, four days later the cops found the kids RIDING THE BIKES THEY STOLE, about two blocks away. They got a disturbance call and these two idiot ***hole kids were riding them down the street. What a bunch of morons.
Anyways, keep your quad in a safe place, because anything can happen, anywhere.

Oh yeah, they didn't use bolt cutter because when they stole the dirtbike they left a pool of blood from using one. Guess they are too stupid to even operate a bolt cutter.

wtf how big was the tree?

that sucks man, i guess he got it back?

KWAD GAWD
08-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Keep your bikes inside!

coolguy8769
08-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow!! looks like thoughs kids really wanted the 250r. its amazing what some people will do :rolleyes:

SGA
08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Never underestimate a thief.
Its best to keep things out of sight if you want to keep them.

450 Racer R
08-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't think the guy wants to keep it out of site if he wants to sell it.

alberndt
08-21-2005, 10:23 AM
The tree was about 6" round, just planted in spring. The quad is still at the cop shop, k&k graphics kit torn off, ignition ripped out, bars switched, ect. He was selling it to buy parts for his new 450. bummer.

initall
08-21-2005, 06:37 PM
alberndt

That is nice to know considering I am moving to the Neenah, Menasha area in two weeks.

Once i get settled in we should go ride.

08-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Leaving a Quad out front with no one to watch it is stupid in the first place...

And wouldnt it have been easier to cut the chain that was holding it to the tree?

Martin Blair
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Never underestimate a thief.
Its best to keep things out of sight if you want to keep them.

yep the only time ours are out is when were loading/unolading them

08-21-2005, 07:40 PM
My quads been out front because of sale. I bit worried about it but i don't think someone will take it...i hope.