PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Brake In Period For A 300??

TRX250XFIRE
09-19-2001, 05:17 PM
hey i found this really really great deal on a 95 300ex. i got it for a friend i work with over the summer....he bought it, rode it a couple of times then put it in his garage and coverd it up. well i got it and there is not a scrach on it..it still has the paint on the bolts from were they checked it in the factory...when i frist got it 2 weeks ago it was really quite and i rode it every day after school and now it makes a clicking noise?? so i was just wondering how to fix this

hotrodhonda400
09-20-2001, 06:44 PM
sounds like a nice bike;) but the noise you hear is probably the valves! they need to be adjusted , i had once had a 300 also and ended up useing a snthetic oil as well because when the engine gets hot regular oil thins out where synthetic stays the same viscosity. there is a good forum in here about that adjustment look in the tech section and be sure to get the corect tollerance on those valves before you go doin anything! but the most time consuming part of the whole ordeal is takin off the plastic !:)

TRX250XFIRE
09-21-2001, 04:41 AM
hey thanks alot i was starting to think that it has not been rode in so long that something wore down that should not of to fast or something. thanks