PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Size?

Tom TRX250R
08-20-2005, 12:10 AM
I am considering going to a 295cc on the stock jug with either C Leigh Racing or MacDizzy Porting, Is there any negative things about this setup or would it be better and put out a lot more power to go to a Pro-X cylinder. I am on a budget with college but am looking to increase power as cheap as possible. Thanks in advance. Tom

2nd sucks
08-20-2005, 09:51 AM
MacDizzy is the best bang for the buck period. but if you can afford the pro-x go for it, just about any company out that works on 250r's will do a great job...i like lrd. thats why i got their kit, but i just put the proX 330 kit in the atc, and that things the fastest thing i have ever drivin(besides a streetbike)

Tom TRX250R
08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Also what company do you guys think would be the best to go for, for an MX port. Here are the four companies I am choosing between:
LRD Racing
C Leigh Racing
MacDizzy
Dave Moore Racing
Thanks. Tom

methyman
08-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 2nd sucks
MacDizzy is the best bang for the buck period. but if you can

wait for a long time. Rick is a great engine builder & porter but he takes a really long time to get things done. He has never done any work for me but he has done several people I know and it was months longer than he said it was going to take. Last I spoke to Rick he wasn't taking any new customers.

powerslider
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
I am considering going to a 295cc on the stock jug with either C Leigh Racing or MacDizzy Porting, Is there any negative things about this setup or would it be better and put out a lot more power to go to a Pro-X cylinder. I am on a budget with college but am looking to increase power as cheap as possible. Thanks in advance. Tom

If your looking for the most bang for the buck, email SandTrix (site member) and have him port your stock bore cylinder. Very impressive power, ask around about them.....

deathman53
08-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I had a esr 330 on my atc250r, the lrd 310pv top end blows it away, and yes its very fast, it almost tries to throw you off the bike(and has once).

zedicus00
08-21-2005, 09:16 AM
C-Leigh Racing. good guy to deal with and he can do absolutly amazing things. my votes for him.

2StrokeFreak
08-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Does anybody have contact info for Rick @ MacDizzy??

I want him to do my LT 500 motor. He is the only one I trust to do the bottom end of my motor.

methyman
08-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Heres his email Mac Dizzy (rick@macdizzy.com)

wilkin250r
08-24-2005, 09:30 AM
If you are looking to have Neil or Rick do your porting, you shouldn't be asking US what the best option is, you should be asking Neil or Rick.

I would put a LOT more stock into what those guys will tell you rather than what you hear on this board.