PDA

View Full Version : cheapest power for warrior????

MoRePOWER
08-19-2005, 07:38 PM
hey whats the cheapest way to get power for a warrior..or for any quad?? ive already got a dg rcm exhaust, but i was wondering if the header commin off the motor gives you very much power, cause all i have is the muffler part. and how much power is a jet kit, along w/ a K&N filter gonna give you??

if i have the exhaust, jet kit, and air filter, am i gonna be runnin pretty fast, or is it not gonna make much difference??

thanx
cody

Sexy99Warrior
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Well first off your best bet would be to get rid of that DG exhaust..they dont do anything, and if they..do, they make it louder. I would get an HMF, filter....Cam eventually...maybe a Wiseco piston or some ****....but DG blows.

fasterblaster09
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Sexy99Warrior
Well first off your best bet would be to get rid of that DG exhaust..they dont do anything, and if they..do, they make it louder. I would get an HMF, filter....Cam eventually...maybe a Wiseco piston or some ****....but DG blows.

agreed!

YFZ450Ridr
08-19-2005, 11:02 PM
well atleast he didnt buy a cobra:ermm:

but get yourself a full exhaust from curtis sparks, HMF, White brothers, Rossier and theres a few other good ones. then get your self a high flow air filter and rejet your carb. you can buy a cam i believe they make for warriors from hot cams, and a new rev box. play with the gearing a little too if your wanting more bottom end or more top end. but if u pipe it, get a filter, a cam and rejet it, itll pack a punch over a stock warrior for sure. my dad had all this done to his ild warrior and it ran dam good.

MoRePOWER
08-21-2005, 07:27 PM
hey, i got the exhaust for free.....trust me, i wouldnt have paid for it, if i were to buy one it would have been a better one.....but for free....i cant complain

IOWAracer
08-22-2005, 11:56 AM
I am running HMF s/o on mine it is great although i ahve an over sized carb and some other stuff i am gettting it ported and polished and messen with my gearing i race xc but i want a little more top end i am fast in the woods but et passed in the fields by the 450s ad 400's i am gonna buy a kodiak 450 cylender and pu tit on my low end it is supposed tow ork and that is gonna be my winter project thanks if u got any more /'s feel free toa sk BB#128

DirtDevilBT
08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't change the header, it's a good header to begin with. For the price of a header you could buy a piston or cam with springs. I recommend as much as what I have as possible. I love the way it's set up. But if you are looking for a little more top end you could go with a Web 430 (whatever the high lift cam is) I like where my power is with the piston and 390 cam. I also am able to run one tooth higher on the front sprocket without losing bottom end.

bwamos
08-23-2005, 11:00 AM
To answer the origional post.. yes you want a K&N/Uni filter + rejet to get the most out of an aftermarket silencer. The DG's may not be great.. but they definatly still flow better than a corked stocker, and you can't beat free.

So 1st. Filter & rejet. Then look at a new cam tuned for stock bore/compression. Or get one tuned for higer comp, and get a new piston as well. Depends on how far you want to go.. because at that point you really need a port/polish, valve job, etc.. to make use of the high comp piston. I'd just stick with a cam tuned for the stock piston, unless you want to put some cash into it.

MoRePOWER
08-23-2005, 02:13 PM
hey thanx a lot guys, i think ill just stick w/ the filter and jet for now, maybe ill get a cam down the road....it depends on how many people beat me when im at the sand dunes on labor day weekend.....ha

cody

H-bombwarrior
08-21-2006, 03:28 PM
dude go with a fmf powerbomb header and fmf power core4 muffler