PDA

View Full Version : anybody any ideas?

jason14x
08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Guys need a littel help. I have been working on my own bike now for 18 years and I have never had such a problem with oil being spit out my breather tube from the cases as I have now. I have a 1990 Quadracer that still gets an occassional race on it and some practice track riding. My last race it boiled over and everything was literally SMOKING hot. I stripped her down and saw it definitely overheated and there was nothing left in the radiator or cylinder at all. BUT when i pulled the clutch cover off there was NO OIL in the bottom end at all. I am glad I decided not to continue riding it back to the pits!! My question for all of you is this:1. Any ideas why t it keeps puking oil out the breather ? Hva eany of you had this problem at all before. The breather is supposewd to help with case ventilation adn if you overfill it ...but I never have had such a continuous problem with oil blow out.

Any ideas guys/girls?

Jason

slamdak8782
08-20-2005, 05:55 AM
Hmm pretty strange did you see the coolant leaking out? was there coolant in the oil I would say just tear it all down and look for some leaking seals. check the water pump make sure it is working other than that I don't know good luck.

jason14x
08-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Nope no oil in the coolant or vice versa. Im gonna rebuild the pump and seals . Other than that i cant figure out why its puking tranny oil out the vent hose. Thanks anyway. Some riders did see it boiling out the hose so i know it was boiling it but we'll see what happens!

Thanks again!