PDA

View Full Version : keep the 400 and get a Utility or 450R

Derag2
08-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Alright i'm in a tight spot, i wanna buy a Utility like a Yamaha Grizzly660, but i wanna keep a sport quad too and use it to do some drag racing ( in the sand ) and just driving around on the sand. Some buddies of mine bought some polaris utilities and I went riding with them and they drove around in the rivers and what not and they had to pull me across the river all the time cause i couldn't make it. But Im think the 400EX isn't gonna be fast enough with just a pipe air box and cam to be able to hold its own with some of the other guys around there so i think it might be waste of money, so i'd like to trade it off for a 450R but then i won't be able to afford a Utility.......... So what do you guys think i should do? I'd use the utility more than just riding in a river, i'd use it for farmwork and hunting.

UglyMotha™
08-19-2005, 05:26 PM
what the heck you want a buncha peoples opinion that you don't even know, who gives a flying poo what we think, do what you wanna do and you'll be happy doin, what if I told you you to sell the quad and invest in a gas powered bathroom throne are you goin to be happy with that :rolleyes:

Derag2
08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
well lets see....... maybe some one was in this same boat they could say what they did....... Maybe someone can give me some insight on whether or not the 400 would be a waste to try and drag race with little mods, ( i cant afford a 440 kit with another quad ).....................

Why does anyone ask any questions here????????????
TO GET OTHERS OPINIONS junior......

UglyMotha™
08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
sure the ex is competitive I have several grand in just my engine and she runs like a raped ape, when i'm not haveing carb issues but who seriously wants to put that kinda money into a dinosaur :o

yamablaster24
08-19-2005, 05:50 PM
First of all Ugly motha is right, that is an oddball question to get answers from people you have no idea are. We dont know you so how are we going to give you an accurate answer that is 100% correct. I swear people rely way too much on online forums. People are gonna start asking others when the best time to **** is.....:eek2: