PDA

View Full Version : 300ex specs HELP

seeking_help
08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I am reringing my 97 300 ex and i need some specs. I need head bolt specs and the valve clearance specs. i also could use some help on timing. I saw on this site where they did the timing for a 400ex but i need to know if its the same. In that form it says to remove the allen head bolts on the side of the motor to line up the timing but the cam has timing marks on it and i dont know what to line those up to on the head or if im even supposed to. So i could use some help...HELP!

seeking_help
08-20-2005, 10:13 AM
does any one have a manual they could check for me???????

toofidyare81
08-21-2005, 12:11 AM
as far as the valves go......take the smaller allen key bolt on the side of the motor (your left side, the side where the stator is) then you have to position the piston to TDC (top dead center) . to do this just look through the hole were you took out the allen key bolt and allign the mark on the flywheel with the notch in the hole. the clearance for the valves is .004"

dork
08-21-2005, 05:40 PM
head bolt torque is 28 ft lbs.

when you go to time it, put the piston at tdc, then put the cam in with the lobes facing down. take the slack out of the front section of chain, put the chain on the sprocket and make sure the sprocket marks line up with the head. then install the sprocket bolts and use medium strentgth loctite. also, before you put the head on, make sure the cam chain slider is in place under the headgasket.

kc8pnd
01-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Hell all, installed a new 11:1 piston. After I get the cylinder honed it all goes back together. Just want to make sure I get it back in time correctly. In the pic, the sprocket is bolted to the cam so the 2 lobs are facing down and the vertical line is straight up. I want to make sure I am doing this right. Does it look right?

dork
01-08-2006, 10:04 PM
as long as the piston is at tdc, its right on the money.