PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sowers Charity

QuadJunkies
08-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Most of you already know Ryan had a bad wreck at Lorettas and is lucky to even be alive!

For those of you that are interested, I am going to be setting up a Charity fund for Ryan for anyone who would like to donate a fw dollars.
Even with the best insurance, the costs for surgery and Rehab is very expensive.
I will be setting up a pay pal Acct. and also members can mail a money order to me as well for those who dont use pay pal . I should have the Acct. set up after the wk end.

If you would like more info before, you can email me direct at tntkuna@msn.com.

For those wanting to donate and mail a money Order, you can mail them to :

Tina Lugan
308 W. Whitetail Ct.
Kuna, Iaho 83634

Please enclude your user name in the envelope,and please NO postal money orders, they are hard to cash.

All the donations are greatly aprreciated

Thank you :)

QuadRacer041
08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
let us know when you have the paypal set up

HtFoxChick
08-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Can I send a check? Or would you prefer a money order?

QuadJunkies
08-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Can I send a check? Or would you prefer a money order?

Check your PM's ;)

jdwxv3
08-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Any Updates on his condition?

QuadJunkies
08-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I juist want to tkae a minute to Thank EVERYONE who has sent me emails wanting to help out . Every bit helps ;) Ill have the Acct. ready tomorrow .

Last I saw Megan (his Sister) posted that he has had surgery and is doing good so far, but a very long road ahead .

jst
08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
2 questions:
Where is he from,the name sounds familiar?

Sandsjbyz22
08-22-2005, 05:16 AM
He is from the Zanesville area, he rides D-12 alot.

jst
08-22-2005, 08:32 AM
That makes sense,I work in Zanesville.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
The Pay Pal is now set up, you can go to pay pal and go to tntkuna@msn.com

HtFoxChick
08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Quadjunkie.....it's on it's way! Speedy recovery Ryan!!

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Quadjunkie.....it's on it's way! Speedy recovery Ryan!! Thank you ! :)

Heybo
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I've seen this posted on a couple of different sites and I've seen the video of the wreck, but I have yet to see anybody say what his injuries were. Does anybody know?

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Heybo
I've seen this posted on a couple of different sites and I've seen the video of the wreck, but I have yet to see anybody say what his injuries were. Does anybody know? there had been ALOT posted in the Race Coverage section ,you might go check that out .

LapTraffic
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Really great that you are organizing this.

Money sent.

Come on folks, paypal is easy, every little bit helps. Show your support for a fellow rider.

:)

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by LapTraffic
Really great that you are organizing this.

Money sent.

Come on folks, paypal is easy, every little bit helps. Show your support for a fellow rider.

:) I saw your donation.. thank you so much! :)

msowers888
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Thank you to EVERYONE that is helping my family and I in this hard time! I know Ryan really appreciates it. Again thanks to Tina for setting all of this up and to ********, atvriders, and predator.com. These are only a few people that I can personally thank but hopfully next year at the Nationals I will get to meet some of you others that are also helping out! Again thank you!!!!

Megan

SOWERS888

insaneracin2003
08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by msowers888
Thank you to EVERYONE that is helping my family and I in this hard time! I know Ryan really appreciates it. Again thanks to Tina for setting all of this up and to ********, atvriders, and predator.com. These are only a few people that I can personally thank but hopfully next year at the Nationals I will get to meet some of you others that are also helping out! Again thank you!!!!

Megan

SOWERS888
Megan or Tina,keep us updated on his crecovery will ya?...please...Thanks.get well soon Ryan....your in our prayers...The Schulz Family...Paul

QuadJunkies
08-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Will do!!
I did talk to his Mom on the phone a couple of days ago,she said he is doing alot better than they had anticipated. His jaw is wired right now so eating is difficult :( I hear Ryan has a TON of good friends who are paying him ALOT of visits and giving him support, thats just what he needs right now ;) He still has alot of recoverying and BTW......... MEgan, I forgot to askyour Mom, any word on when or what they will be doing for his teeth??? Just how many teeth got knocked out ?

QuadJunkies
08-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Jamie, I recieved your donation yesterday... Thank you ;)

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I would like to give BIG PROPS to Atv Racin Extra for doing the raffle at Elizabeth City NC during the National Dirt Track race . Your donation is greatly appreciated ;)

Ill be leaving this sticky up for another week or two if anyone else wants to donate after, you can get in touch w/ me via email :)

TRX_450
08-29-2005, 06:58 PM
somehow big-boys got ahold of the video and ppl on their callin him a dumbass...i did what i could to fend them off but anybody else wantin to go sayin sumthin positive please do...

ryan's mom 888
08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I posted. It made me sick to read that and I'm just hoping Ryan never sees it.

TRX_450
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
i did what i could but come on ppl the more ppl who post FOR him the better

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
somehow big-boys got ahold of the video and ppl on their callin him a dumbass...i did what i could to fend them off but anybody else wantin to go sayin sumthin positive please do...

Some people are just ignorant, the sad thing is they just keep contributing to the gene pool... :o

08-30-2005, 06:17 AM
mostly dumb *** little children, unfortunately most of these boards are full of them!!

Hope he makes a full recovery so he can one day roost those chicken head *******s that are talkin smack!!!!

msowers888
08-30-2005, 06:34 AM
THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY ARE LUCKY THAT I AM AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND UNABLE TO GET ON THAT SITE, BUT ONCE I DO THEY ARE GOING TO BE SORRY THAT THEY HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING. I AM RYANS LITTLE SISTER AND I ONE THAT PUTS UP WITH ABSOLUTLY NO BULLSH*T TALK FROM ANYONE OR ABOUT ANYONE. IF I HAVE TO I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT THEM DOWN AND BEAT THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF THEM. IF ANYONE KNOWS ME THEN THEY WOULD KNOW THAT I AM THE BIGGEST ***** ANYONE WILL EVER MEET AND I AM NOT IN ANY WAY SCARED TO FIGHT A MAN! NOW IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TALKING SH*T THEN I WILL LET RYAN HANDLE IT ON THE TRACK. FOR PEOPLE TO BE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IS REDICULOUS. THEY SHOULD JUST BE HAPPY TO SEE THAT IF THEY RACE AND THEY HAVE AN ACCIDENT LIKE THIS THEN THEY ARE LUCKY TO EVEN BE ALIVE. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE IS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND WHEN THEY FIND OUT I HOPE THEY FEEL LIKE THE BIGGEST LOSERS IN THIS WORLD BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE. THEY LIKE TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE ON WEBSITES JUST TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER. I MEAN WE CAN'T HELP THAT THEIR TESTICALS ARE LITTLE AND WE ALSO CAN'T HELP THEY LIKE IT WITH GUYS BUT DO WE MAKE FUN OF THEM?? NO...

08-30-2005, 07:07 AM
EASY THERE TIGER!!;)

Big Boys uses any video that they can get there hands on for there viewers. I personally dont like that site but many do, and you cant help what happened. Unfortunately you will not be able to fight anyone, they are hiding behind there computers. Dont let it get to you, this is the world we live in. How is your brother doing?

QuadJunkies
08-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by msowers888
THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY ARE LUCKY THAT I AM AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND UNABLE TO GET ON THAT SITE, BUT ONCE I DO THEY ARE GOING TO BE SORRY THAT THEY HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING. I AM RYANS LITTLE SISTER AND I ONE THAT PUTS UP WITH ABSOLUTLY NO BULLSH*T TALK FROM ANYONE OR ABOUT ANYONE. IF I HAVE TO I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT THEM DOWN AND BEAT THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF THEM. IF ANYONE KNOWS ME THEN THEY WOULD KNOW THAT I AM THE BIGGEST ***** ANYONE WILL EVER MEET AND I AM NOT IN ANY WAY SCARED TO FIGHT A MAN! NOW IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TALKING SH*T THEN I WILL LET RYAN HANDLE IT ON THE TRACK. FOR PEOPLE TO BE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IS REDICULOUS. THEY SHOULD JUST BE HAPPY TO SEE THAT IF THEY RACE AND THEY HAVE AN ACCIDENT LIKE THIS THEN THEY ARE LUCKY TO EVEN BE ALIVE. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE IS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND WHEN THEY FIND OUT I HOPE THEY FEEL LIKE THE BIGGEST LOSERS IN THIS WORLD BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE. THEY LIKE TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE ON WEBSITES JUST TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER. I MEAN WE CAN'T HELP THAT THEIR TESTICALS ARE LITTLE AND WE ALSO CAN'T HELP THEY LIKE IT WITH GUYS BUT DO WE MAKE FUN OF THEM?? NO...

LOL!! too bad you live so far away Megan, I like you already...:D :p LOL! Just blow off people like that, they arent worth your time, like I said they are just ignorant. There was many that said the same when I had my wreck. ITs alot easier to others to judge when they are not in the seat .. ;) Sinister is right.I wouldnt boubt is some of those who said that ,didint evne have a quad!! :o

Robin Hood
08-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I just saw it on big-boys..

Wow, that takes a set of brass balls to post that and say he's a dumbass...

Thats total bull-****.

BlasterMaster20
08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, Those Kids are pretty F***ed Up to be sayin that ****. He is a great rider and it wasnt his fault at all that that happened. The lip was probably Screwed up.

msowers888
08-30-2005, 12:46 PM
IN THE END IT WILL ALL COME BACK TO THEM...I JUST HOPE THAT I NEVER MET ANY OF THEM BECAUSE IT WON'T BE PRETTY!

trick450r
08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
whats the title of it on big boys...i would like to voice my opinion but i cant find it...

ryan's mom 888
08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
my daughter sent them an email and they deleted it. We just didn't want Ryan to see it.

trick450r
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ryan's mom 888
my daughter sent them an email and they deleted it. We just didn't want Ryan to see it.

thats terrific...im glad that they acknowledged you...

Potimus
09-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Whats the paypal addy so I can send a donation.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2005, 02:12 PM
tntkuna@msn.com

thanks!

QuadJunkies
09-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Kfulk, I got your donation, thank you very much!

QuadJunkies
09-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I just watned to give everyone an update on Ryan, I recieved a letter from his Mom today,and ALL is good news!! Here it is...

We received the money orders. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for Ryan. I know you have been communicating with Megan once in a while. Just thought I would give you a little update. He went to out patient surgery today and had all the hardware taken off his teeth. We have been pretty busy with doctor appts. and dentist. He has to wear braces again, so we are planning on using all the money people have given him to get his teeth fixed. He wore braces as a child and in Dec. they will put them on again.
His mechanic and sponsor and numerous other people have put his bike back together and ordered him new gear because they cut his pants off him. Pissed him off!! We are having a big party when he gets his bike back. Wish you could be here. He's just ready to ride. Says everyday how much he misses it.
I wish I have the opportunity to meet you some day and wish I knew how to thank the people who donated.

I thought I would post this letter for her cause she and the rest of the family is VERY touched by all the donations...:)

Im VERY happy to see Ryan still feels a passion to want to ride/race after such a horrific accident. I just thought you all would like to hear an update on his progress.Thaks again for everyone pulling together for a fellow rider ;)

bansheeguy77
09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
very good news...thanks for the update :)

QuadJunkies
10-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I know this is a really old topic, but I need to try and get in touch with the Sowers family ASAP.
Does anyone know if hes still racing ??
Discovery Channel emailed me yesterday and wants to do a story on his recovery and survival .
If you have any contact info ,PLEASE PM info ASAP.
Ill also be posting another topic on this separately.

Thanks ! :)

ryan's mom 888
10-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Just received your email. What a suprise. Ryan is not racing anymore. Was married in May. I will give him the message and have him get in touch with you.

QuadJunkies
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ryan's mom 888
Just received your email. What a suprise. Ryan is not racing anymore. Was married in May. I will give him the message and have him get in touch with you. well congrats on the newlyweds! Ill contact them and pass along the info. Thanks! :)

diangelo#67
10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
good for ryan, the inerest in his story.....He is a nice kid an deserves it,

madskrillz2
10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
That's awesome they wanna do his story. I still remember seeing that crash. One of the worst I've ever seen.